Ads Top

♬ I wanna pick you up and scoop you out ♪♫

Song of the Day 013 & Song Cover 004
dodie - human
alif {vocal}
Click here for my acapella cover <

Just because.
It works as a  mic test as well as giving me opportunity to share my guilty pleasure.
I can't sing well at all but I just want to share the feeling that I get when I sing my favourite songs.

You know the feeling, right? I might give it another try later and I hope it will get better.

If my cover is too much for you, here's the original to help you understand why I still have this song at the back of my mind, and still in my active playlist.

Such a beautiful song that I want to cover as soon as possible! I suck at it but at least I can share my love for it with you guys!

Lyrics

I wanna pick you up and scoop you out
I want the secrets your secrets haven't found
Paint me in trust
I'll be your best friend
Call me the one
This night just can't end
Oh oh
Will you share your soul with me?
Unzip your skin and let me have a see
Paint me in trust
I'll be your best friend
Call me the one
This night just can't end
Oh oh
Oh, I'm so human
We're just human
Lean for me, and I'll fall back
You'll fit so nicely, you'll keep me intact
Paint me in trust
I'll be your best friend
Call me the one
This night just can't end
Oh oh
I want to give you your grin
So tell me you can't bear a room that I'm not in
Paint me in trust
I'll be your best friend
Call me the one
This night just can't end
Oh oh
Oh, I'm so human
We're just human
...

Songwriter: Dorothy Clark

-

P.S. Dodie is such a peculiar artist, with both her voice and range as well as her song writings! There's so many more I want to cover ...
P.P.S. I will do a deep dive on her songs soon. You can look forward to that!
- - -

- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.