Ads Top

Blind, passion, curious, kick, slob, rude, ruder & rudest.

Personal pet peeves of moviegoing
This has been in my notepad for so long that I forgot to use it for months but here I am back at it since it is about something that us moviegoers could really relate to:


> feet on the seat/barefoot vs seat kickers
First of all, let's begin with some of the worst offenders in the cinema regarding comfortability and sense of smell. Those who kick the seat whether subconsciously or accidentally or intentionally or out of force of habit, that feeling of someone meddling with your comfort is certainly irritating but when you invade my personal space (that I paid the same price of admission, mind you!), it is personally on a whole other level for me, and being barefoot is definite no-no! Thankfully I've never encountered one in the wild but if I did, safe assured I will give them a piece of my mind ...

x-

> talkers vs group of teenagers
Hm ... I do expect that when we all go into the cinema, we are all mindful of others and pay full attention to the front but when they broke that unspoken rules by being disrespectful, talking over the motion pictures or even to each other in loud clear voices just like they are lounging outside. If I have to choose between the worst of the two evils, it has to be the latter since at least the former is giving the movie their own form of 'respect'.
P.S. This is on those commentating on the movie itself, not those who is taking calls during the screening! If I have to include it, it will be under the category of the teenagers since they are equally annoying!

-x-

> movie trailer critic vs kids in R-rated movies
Not being too hung up on the common courtesy of being in complete silence right after you step into the hall, I don't really mind people talking over the trailers that air before the actual film since it's not really what I come in there for, and whether the kids are being brought into R-rated features by adults or they just sneak in out of morbid curiousity, I don't mind as long as they do not interfere with others too much. Since I really treasure the actual moviewatching experience itself, I will not have it being disturbed if I could wish for it.

-x-- 

> garbage/bad condition vs late arrivers
Well, this hasn't thankfully been a problem for me for the first but unfortunately not for the second. Untidy cinema is a definite pet peeve of mine (that gives me an idea! ;-) ) but late arrivals can really get on my nerves especially if they are loud, shining their flashlights willy-nilly and going through the rows to get to their seats (if your seat is in the middle, don't inconvenient others by arriving late! Jeez!). While I do voice my dissatisfaction for the latter the most, it is temporary and I can't even imagine having to seat somewhere with putrid smell or dirty with stains for the whole duration!

--x--

> opening weekend fanboys vs no due diligence
I always try to watch big studio movies in opening weekend and while the fans here have always been passionate yet civil, I know I have been fortunate that none of them have cross the line yet for me. It is on the opposite site of the spectrum for the moviegoers that goes in blind, going in having watch the trailer or maybe even just the poster! Between loud and bewilderment, there is more chance that I could vibe with the first crowd more than the second since I'm always in the know of all the current movies anyway.

--x---

> feet on the seat/barefoot vs group of teenagers vs kids in R-rated movies vs garbage/bad condition vs no due diligence
I can knock off the fifth one right away since it bothers me the least and kids also can be sidelined right after. Between the three remaining options, it all comes down to what I can deal with right away or those that I can't withstand the most. with that being said, the feet win the bronze since I can tell him to stop it (or at least try to) and the same goes for the teenagers that win the silver, with the space invasion and attack on the senses being outranked by pure loud talks that would drown out the flick. Garbage and bad condition are the one left standing since I might not be able to change seat when it is all sold out and have to power through it especially if it's a movie that I have been looking forward to for months.

---x---

There you go! That's my top pet peeves in cinema and if I have to list them down, here they are:

10. opening weekend fanboys
09. movie trailer critic
08. late arrivers
07. seat kickers
06. talkers 
05. no due diligence
04. kids in R-rated movies
03. feet on the seat/barefoot
02. group of teenagers
01. garbage/bad condition

Finally I'm done!

I hope this is worth it ...

What is your own personal list? Please let me know!

\_- O -_/

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.