Ads Top

the eighth outing by the fab four

Wardrobe Wednesday 022
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Music plays an important part in my life by keeping me company and keeping me entertained every day. Even though I wasn't exposed to the predecessors of the industry of yesteryears as the more current artists, I can appreciate their works in paving the way for the current talents to thrive in. The most influential ban of the 60's unarguably is the Beatles of course and when I came across any well made memorabilia of the icon, how could I resist?
As always, bundle-browsing comes with its pros and cons especially with any product from the Stateside and this one in particular is not an exception. While there isn't wear and tear thankfully, it is the larger size of the shirt that is the only negative that could go against this otherwise excellent product! The cotton is of a different quality than the usual, a thicker stitch yet soft on the touch, which is rare for a thick T-shirt. The choice of colour for the fabric is perfect when contrasted with the printed design at the front.
Speaking of which, I can't state enough how beautiful the print is, with the perfect representation of all the members and of course the eye-catching Sargent Pepper blue neon reflective emblem. Such an appropriate and loving tribute to one of the best albums, if I do say so myself! The print is still in perfect condition which I appreciate fully. The emblem is pitch perfect in its usage and this is one of the few successful attempts I came across in trying to represent the appearance of the artists, smartly using their outlines rather than trying to include their natural real life colours. Considering it is its own band's brand of merchandise, I shouldn't expect nothing less.
I saw one for Prince before but it was too big for me and since it was gone already now, I hope it finds a good home. Do you have any good shirt for your favourite band that is very dear to you?
-
a case for the straitjacket for the insane:
+ Positives +
beautiful tribute to one of the greats.
? Main contention ?
I wonder what other designs that have for the band's other albums ... if they are as good as this is, you know I will have it!
- Negatives -
a little big, but nothing compared to the overall quality of the product.
RM
RM 25, quite high but worth ever penny, or cents.
? Value ?
+ simple yet brilliant design with gorgeous emblem and the Beatles' representation + quality product overall - slight larger to be a perfect fit - I can't wear it to prey though ... = 80%.
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.