Ads Top

a decent desert adaptation

Foodie Friday 017
 cloud 9  tiramisu 
[ Jack 'n Jill ]
Availability: local and beyond (?) ...
I am a bit out of inspiration for this segment this week which is why I am enacting my Plan B which is grabbing a new product off the shelves and review it as always. Without any 'emotional attachment' that I thought I have for my previous entries here, I can go straight away into the review and judge objectively. We'll see how it turns out, okay?
I have to say that I am quite fond of Cloud 9 as a product itself since I've been familiarizing myself with it since my youth, alongside the durian popcorn and Rota. It is only been a recent trend of these established local brands starting to branch out and putting out different variation of their signature products and whether this one in particular has been out for awhile or just only recently, I know I just found out about it just now at the shelf of the local Seven Eleven. The original is in a small rectangular size while this new one is in a longer version in a bar size that's much more familiar to those from the States. Tiramisu on the other hand is a unique desert in and of itself and any attempt to replicate its taste and texture in other products would pale in comparison but any attempt to adapt and invent in my eyes are good since they are diversifying the market hence making them much more competitive which in turns force them to make better products ... or at least that's what I hope so.
After a quick bite finishing off the whole bar, I can say it is quite a delicious snack and a decent attempt to adapt the bare essence of tiramisu. As a mass produced item, they can only do so much to adapt a delicate desert with what they have at their disposal and I applaud them for even taking the risk to do so and actually succeed in their own ways. The wafers inside are of your usual variety and they do their works as intended, providing the crunchy backbone or solid foundation so to speak of the snack. Their attempt to replicate the signature of the tiramisu: the layers of coffee and whipped creams of ingredients are a small rare delight since it is a unique combination that I am not as familiar with since I never do consume coffee-based products as often as those in Europe. I do not have a sweet tooth but I can appreciate the combination of sweet and bitter and while they can be too much for my teeth to handle, in small and infrequent doses it can be a nice delight that would treat my palate once in awhile. If you've seen the pictures though, you can see the layers already peeled off of the wafers since I took it off of Seven Eleven with air conditioner on into my living room with a room temperature, so be careful where you keep them right after you buy them!
Well, that was it! I didn't think I would have that much to write about it but I guess you should never count your eggs before they hatched, right?

Do you have any local product from your own country that you might want to recommend to me? Just like Japanese Kit Kat's Green Tea edition, but I don't think this originate from here ...

-
a case for the sweet and bitter portable adaptation:
+ Positives +
sweet and bitter adaptation of a one-of-a-kind dessert.
? Main contention ?
the viscosity of the layers are malleable to change in temperatures ...
- Negatives -
... so if you don't mind eating them off of the wrapper, just be mindful of that variable.
! Warning !
if you're not careful, you might come out of it with a hand full of chocolate residues.
j preferred way of eating f
eating at night with a hot beverage.
* sense of touch & taste *
sweet and bitter tastes from the layers while the crunchiness of the wafers helps in balancing against the softness of the layers.
 <+> 
please in moderation since this could be too much to be included into your daily diet.
RM
right below RM 2 but I think it is fitting for such a product.
? Value ?
+ rich taste of sweet and bitter + a nice bite-size snack for on the go - delicate shelf life = 80% 
--
official -
---
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.