Ads Top

as I silently browsing ...

cutting - organise - too close
pet peeves Monday 019 & misc list 072
I've been trying to make an entry for last week but just couldn't make it, so here I am trying to make up for it ... :
#055: tag, you're it!
You will be surprised to see what could be your own pet peeves if you've never taken the time to reflect on it. Having been going to a lot of bundle-browsing, I now know what makes me tick and what would just get on my nerves. For this entry, I cannot fathom what is the train of thought behind the decision to cut through or cut off the shirt tag altogether. I mean, what's up with that?! Of course it does not affect the quality of the shirt itself but to me it is a valid source of information that I could refer to to see where it comes from or what is its size for example. At least I could still see from the ones that are just cut through and not all the way but when it's not there at all with its fuzzy remains still visible just below the collar, it makes disdain the shirt even more than I should be. At least some companies print them straight onto their shirts just like uniqlo ... they wouldn't dare cut off the shirt, right? Right?

#056: organise
I might have touched upon this specific point but I want to reiterate how a simple organizing would help the bundle-goers tremendously right away. How many workers of these bundles do you see just sitting around and not doing anything to help taking care of the shops? Out of the nine that I have been visiting since I gain quite an interest in this sub-culture, thankfully just under half of them do not do anything around the precinct to spruce up the place or make the experience a much more pleasing for the customers. It is a simple task that takes a lot of time but would matter to the bottom line if they spend their time on it: organize and separate the clothes based on their types and materials, i.e. T-shirts with round collars are separated from those with upturned collars or long sleeves casual ones are separated from sweaters or those with thicker materials, and so on and so forth. When you're browsing around, it is easy to remember which shirt that catch your attention if it is in its own specific section among those with similar traits rather than had to look around again and spend time that you don't have to.

#057: hovering too close for comfort
This might not be limited to just bundles but rather the whole retail experience itself, which is the notion of having the worker hover over you for every minute of you being in the shop. Don't you feel how uncomfortable that is? If you've experience it before, you know the feeling. Even I experience it from someone with the same ethnicity, I can't even imagine how bad it would feel if you're treated differently just based on your skin tone or how you're dressed. While in the normal retailers, you might take some time to browse through what is on the shelves. Imagine coming into a bundle store with limitless possibilities of wardrobe to choose from, of course you will take your time to see each one and check them one by one. While my visual sense is processing each clothing in my hands, I prefer the company of my favourite podcasts in my ears to make the passing of time feels like a breeze. When there is an eager beaver on my side trying to persuade me on each shirt I lay my eyes on, that would make me less likely to comfortably spend my money there since I feel unjustly pressured for just being there ...
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.