Ads Top

for your natural hair ...

 - sebum - easy ... - embrace!
Tips, see Thursday 012 & misc list 074
I didn't notice how far back the most recent entry for his segment was ... hence today I want to focus on something that is quite dear to me:
#034: being oily for a good reason
My family has the unfortunate genetic of hair loss quite early especially for the males, as seen (or rather as unseen) on my father's head and we inherit that rather straightforwardly and it was only time before I lose my own. Which is why I try to be much more careful with what I have left and start to monitor when I hadn't until then. I want to state first that your hair has its own natural oil and it is imperative for its longtime health that you keep it as long as you can! When your hair is turning greasy as the hours go by ever since your bath in the morning, try to keep it as long as possible to let it stay in the sebum to help it maintain its quality. Just don't wait too long until it becomes smelly, okay?

#035: not necessarily for daily usage
Speaking of which, having too much of a good thing can eventually turned to be a negative, specifically the use of hair shampoo every morning nonstop. I had that same train of thought before, thinking that I should shampoo as frequently as possible to take care of my hair but then I learned that I was a victim of effective marketing that tried to sell me the notion that I can't live without it. I could actually and I know that my hair certainly needs to be washed every now and then but I know it's not a detriment to leave it rest in its own natural oil for much longer than I was comfortable with before. You know that having all that chemicals (they are still chemicals whether they are artificially or 'naturally-made') apply to your hair would have its own side effects no matter how careful you are.

#036: don't fight it ... embrace it!
There is one more tip that I could give to take care of your hair even more. Okay, let me ask you this: how do you comb your hair? I'm not talking about side to side or front to back but rather are you against the grain or with the grain? Let me elaborate: your hair also has a natural wave to it, natural flow to the way they fall on your head. To know your own personal natural hair wave, you will know when you cut your hair short almost to the roots and see where the strands go and fall as they grow longer and longer. Okay, do you understand my meaning finally? The point is that do you comb your hair against the natural weave or with it? I want to stress that it is better if you go with the latter rather than the former, since you're not stressing your hair to go the opposite way which would in turns alter their forms for the worse. Please give it a try and let me know if you've seen any progress. I'm sure I did and still do.
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.