Ads Top

"If you give up, the game is already over."

Wardrobe Wednesday 023
Masahiro Nobe jersey
< Slam Dunk >
There's always a segment that would be the stumbling block of the week and this has proven to be just the one. Now that I am ruminating yet again on what to cover, my eyes rested on one anomaly in my collection that is one-of-a-kind that would be worth the wait, or at least I hope so. Can you recognize this piece of memorabilia that I am focusing on today?


As I've mentioned before in previous journal entries, I have a lot of hand-me-downs in my wardrobe that some actually still survives until today while there were a number of occasions that my oldest brother would bring back his old clothes and see if I am interested in wearing them. While I know his real intention is to clean up his wardrobe and clean out his unused clothes but thankfully most of his taste actually matches with mine and this particular clothing is just a prime example of this scenario. I can't remember the exact reason he gave when he brought it to me months ago but I am just glad to have one unique manga memorabilia!
I you still haven't figure it out by now from the pictures, it is a basketball jersey that belong to Nobe, one of the side characters of the most popular basketball manga-turned-anime franchise, Slam Dunk! The material is just like the usual although a bit on the rougher side but it is what is printed on it that matters in this case. It is just your usual basketball jersey but the Slam Dunk front tag and the extra Masahiro Nobe print with the special tag makes it that much more special. With his and the team's name as well as his number, it is an even more obscure material that would be noticed much less by those around me but it is never in my intention at all to wear it out whenever I play basketball. For the first time really in my current modern collection, I have a pop culture memorabilia that I would strictly keep it on the hangar and proudly display it in my room. 

Do you have a piece of pop memorabilia that you have in your collection that you would not wear and strictly display it?
-
a case for the straitjacket for the insane:
+ Positives +
such a fitting tribute to the one basketball anime to rule them all.
? Main contention ?
might never wear it to play ... but might wear it out once in awhile though eventually!
- Negatives -
the sporadic couple of stains around the jersey may contribute to his decision to pass it on to me but I don't quite care really since I appreciate having such a unique (to me) memorabilia in my possession.
RM
Zero ...!
? Value ?
+ authentic representation of the character's jersey + quality product overall - slight stains + representing my other passion other than drawing = 90%.
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.