Ads Top

"Here, fishy, fishy, fishy ..."

Wardrobe Wednesday 018
Sesame Street's Ernie
< newera >
I am going for a much simpler entry into this segment for a change, focusing on a simple hat that I actually acquire months ago, a hat that is simplistic in concept and well executed yet represent such an iconic childhood character perfectly. If you still hasn't guessed it from the picture above, it's Ernie from the Sesame Street! 
Regarding the show itself, it was much more earlier in my childhood that I was exposed to it and eventually grow out of it. As I came back to it from time to time, I never see it as pandering or just a mindless entertainment for kids, it is a timeless educational program that would be essential for developing minds! It certainly did for me!
Getting back to the product at hand, it was quite worn actually as I stumbled upon it in the cabinet of my favourite local thrift store. I was instantly caught by surprise by the the familiar pair of eyes and red nose, triggering my prior knowledge of the series and their signature characters. As I lifted up the cap to inspect it more thoroughly, I can attest that it was smart of them to just use a black cap as the background that would make the facial features pop as well as the usage of orange for the button on top and the stitch of the name at the back! It's not as showy as other caps would tend to be but its plain approach actually fits it better, as that eyes and nose combo would stand out on its own as people who have seen the show (I believe that there are more those who have than who haven't) would recognize them instantly.

Oh, I wore it to the Isle of Dogs screening since I think it's fitting for the genre, as puppets being controlled by humans.

-
a case for one half of the iconic duo:
+ Positives +
simple yet effective design choices that represent Ernie perfectly.
? Main contention ?
I wonder how many would recognize the facial features right away ... so far, not so much.
- Negatives -
material turns to tough already, with a hole at the bill and cursed creases to the front panel. That's the risk!
RM
Around RM 17, and again, value for money. You pay for the quality!
? Value ?
+ design + contrasting colour - worn down structure & material + large size + pop culture representation = 70%
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.