Ads Top

my dexterous left hand that I can always rely on

hot (and cold) drinks
guilty pleasures Tuesday 008 & misc list 043
Guilty Pleasure Traits =
+ skill - not fruitful + mass appeal + flexibility + timeless +/- timesink +tribute = Really Positive

I am not a good drawer at all, I know that from the beginning, but I know I have the affinity for it since I was little and even though the passion died down before, I was attracted to the world of Funko POP and knowing that others have made customs of their own whether in sculptures or in digital or hand-drawn designs, I was inspired to make my own take on it and as you already know, I've never looked back since. It was rough at first but when I found the groove, I shifted into the second gear and the rest is history. How many more cheesy phrases I can use? Just wait and see ...

Joking aside, it is something that I never have that much confidence to present my works proudly for others to view and associated with myself but for over a year now my blog has been revitalized by my love for drawing custom POP designs mainly with my pop culture obsession and now 'daily' personal segments. Truth be told, I always see how much I reverberate with the current community by looking at how much visitors turn out for the day. Since I never have any other feedback to look for (I will always bring up how you all never message me at all! my mail is alllifeinfate@msn.com! My social medias are always @alllifeinfate!), it's the only thing that I could depend on to validate my constant posts to the void. 


Back to the topic at hand, since it is a skill that would get better the longer I spend on it, my drawing skills have increased exponentially from my own point of view, getting better at sketching the initial designs and then colouring for the final version if I compare the most current work with my first initial attempt. I am far from perfect of course but I am much more confident now more than ever on my own works but willing to accept any criticism for me to reflect on and hopefully learn from. I'm putting this under this particular segment because I will never earn anything from this fruitless endeavour, aside from satiating my curiousity for how the existing properties that haven't been adapted yet would look like as a POP. Maybe someday I will get that upgrade to a drawing tablet and would have the more cleaner finished products in the end. Who knows? My end game is being able to learn how to make 3D version of my works that rival the ones made by Funko staff themselves.


The world is my oyster, someday, hopefully.

Oh, I am also slowly going away in other avenues ... not as prominent but I'm getting the hang of it.
-

Chance of Hitting Mainstream 
100% since it's an art form that have existed since the dawn of time.

a case for my reason to keep going:
+ Highlights +
such a flexible medium, with a limitless possibilities.
? Main contention ?
there's only so far I can with sketches on papers. When I do have the means, I will be unstoppable!
- Lowlights -
only limited by my own skills. wait until I hit mainstream! that's a wishful thinking really. 
{ underlying themes }
hm ... it's just a mean for me to fill in the time before I get a decent job. there you go!
--

This list is a bit different since I never have anything to recommend you on:

#01: mechanical pencil
+ sharp instrument that would bend to my will to create something from nothing. ? the 'ubat' or the graphite rarely needs replacing, since I have lessen the pressure when sketching for easier erasing later on. - it has its own limitations ...

#02: black ball pen
+ dark permanent realisation of my initial ideas. ? different making have different usage for different part of the drawing process. - I don't have any mean to properly erase any mistake so I'm always walking a tightrope, fearing an inevitable mistake in my future.

#03: coloured pencils
+ my colourful ways to bring my concepts to life with the multitude of choices to pick from. ? I need to be careful when choosing which one to use for particular character that need specific set of colours ... - ... and since I don't have specific drawing papers, sometimes the paper and the pencils didn't mesh together hence the occasional unfortunate miscolouring!
---
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.