Ads Top

for your sketching

control - careful - clarity
Tips, see Thursday 009 & misc list 049
As I was contemplating what to cover for this week's entry, I look to the side and saw what was always by my side for over a year: a drawing board with my mechanical pencils, ruler and eraser at the ready. So here's what I learned from my own experience:
#025: under pressure
As rough and tough I looked on the outside, I am actually quite delicate especially when I am writing or drawing. I am always the type who would sketch as light as possible as to not leave too dark of imprints on the paper whenever I am drawing. I used to really put a lot of pressure on the pages when I was drawing before but when I try to fix a mistake or colour over them, they would always be too dark hence making it hard to use the sketches properly. Ever since my softer touch, it has been so much easier to erase them and fix any mistake as I wish. It might be hard at first but as always, practice makes perfect!

#026: point of no return
Always learning from the past mistakes, it is always hard to make some that I just couldn't fix anymore. If I could turn back time, as you know I would fix some of my previous Funko concepts but truth be told, this fear of making mistakes that couldn't be rewound shouldn't be viewed as something daunting, but rather an effective motivation for you to take the risk and commit to your works to ensure you're giving it your best effort.

#027: learn from the past
Mistakes will be made despite how careful you are when you're drawing, I can vouch for that. These mistakes actually make me a better drawer as I learn of what I did wrong, knowing how to avoid them in the future and makes me that much more careful. Because of these fear of no return, I am being pushed to perform much better than my previous self and in turns a better artist overall. No mistakes, no improvement. No pain, no gain. :-)
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.