Ads Top

♫♬ The fun will never end ... ♪

Wardrobe Wednesday 019
Adventure Time's sleeveless shirt
 Cartoon  Network  >
Sleeveless is never something that I would be inclined to buy let alone bought myself but now ever since I've been venturing out of my once comfort zone, I have been wearing all these colourful alternatives material-wise, design-wise and pop culture-wise and I am actually ready to go even further. I think what a poignant way to emphasize that with this sleeveless cotton shirt of Adventure Time!
I have been having a perspective change when I wore a normal T-shirt over a long sleeve shirt that one time, seeing how much pairings I can have with the existing clothes in my wardrobe and of course others still out there waiting to be bought by me. It depends on the material of both shirts, if one is thick the other has to be thin and vise versa to ensure not too high of temperatures for me to endure for the whole day ... or maybe that's the intention when I go back to bed to keep myself warm and sweated through in the morning. This was my first time actually encountered a casual sleeveless shirt in the wild (read: bundle store) and seeing it actually a merchandise for one of my favourite cartoon shows, Adventure Time, added to my amazement since the shirt itself caters to the active youth-turned-adult while the show caters to the young and young-at-heart.
The channel of Cartoon Networks has been my source of entertaining and zany animation shows ever since my youth when I first came across it on Astro and this particular show is the best representative of the current crops. The printing of the image at the front is at the upper rung of quality (it's a different type with a visible white reverse image at the inside of the shirt ... see the image for reference) and the colour really pops especially contrasts with the blackish grey background. Since the show itself is such a bright show tonally and visually, this is crucial in its representation. I'm still not sure of the pairing with sleeveless though but I'm getting used to it, especially after wearing it out for a jog just the other day. I get it now why having no sleeve when exercising is the better alternative!
-
a case for the unfamiliarity with the unconventional:
+ Positives +
simple approach in design of print and type of clothing, both playing well with each other as a cohesive work.
? Main contention ?
sleeveless isn't as widely available here as it was in USA as we are much more conservative comparatively.
- Negatives -
hm ... I have nothing really, it's a perfect product as it is. sometimes you're just that lucky!
RM
Around RM 17, as another value for money. I pay for the quality as well as the effective merchandise!
? Value ?
+ simple, sleek design + perfect contrast - too simple(?) + soft material - lack of sleeves(?) + perfect fit + pop culture representation = 90%
--
P.S. Wait, is it ending this year?!
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.