Ads Top

"Done properly, parenting is a heroic act... done properly."

Incredibles 2
Mini Non-Spoiler Review
[15th of June, 2018]
[PG, 1hr 58min, Animation, Action, Adventure, Superhero] 
The thought of going to watch the film right away when it was out last week did crossed my mind but leaving the family members on the second day of Syawal seems insensitive to me so I bide my time and finally went to watch it last Tuesday. I was never picky in what cinema I watch the film, looking for the fastest time I could find when I arrived there rather than a specific hall but it was under a different circumstance this time around. Having found out that we would have our first local LED cinema right in Mid Valley Megamall, one of my frequent places to go, I would be remissed not to see it for myself! The usual projection method has been going strong now for decades (and even a century) but I can appreciate the attempt to adapt newer technology into our day-to-day entertainment outlet. After my first viewing in the newly refurbished cinema, there is pros and cons of course but I can definitely see the potential in it. It is a trial run hence a smaller screening hall compared to the usual with the smaller screen dimension (I can see the subtitles being cut out at the sides) but the extra five ringgit I paid for was for the new novel experience and a leather seat that was extra comfortable and a surface for my leg to rest that was actually not a carpet for once but instead a slip dampener surface ... you get it, right? The actual thing that I came for, the display itself was noticeably brighter than the usual projection experiences I have encountered in the past, sans the usual screen smudging and image inconsistency that would come out every now and then for the latter. If the reception is great which I believe it will surely receive, I can see it being applied to more and more screening halls. I'm not sure how cost-effective the transition would be though ...


Regarding the film itself, it's just like the Parr family never leaves! Having it followed closely the ending of the first outing, we are still playing in a world where superheroes are still outlawed while the family had to deal with the fallout of Syndrome's attack or more accurately the Underminer's. With the dynamic changing hands this time around with Elastigirl getting the spotlight, it's a fresh unique experience to see Mr. Incredible actually struggle with the day-to-day schedule of taking care of the kids, with the homeworks for Dash, the boyfriend for Violet and of course the limitless variable of Jack Jack. He certainly steals every scene he is in with his unpredictable arrays of superpowers and where he decided to showcase them, with the highlights of the movie being with the raccoon and of course with the enigmatic Edna Mode. I can't stop myself from laughing out loud seeing how the scenes unfold from one beat to another. The humour throughout the feature are always excellent while helping to balance the tone between the action and the tension, serving as much needed breather between the tense and unrelenting action sequences and the surprising spy-slash-superhero thriller aspects between the scenes. It's a breathtaking and infinitely enjoyable rollercoaster ride from start to finish and despite not living up to the predecessor in the villain department, it is essentially an effective meta commentary on the current superhero craze the industry is going through right now. Even though the director Brad Bird himself isn't keen on making another followup as soon as possible, I can see a potential for the third iteration and I hope we won't have to wait another fourteen years for it!
- officialIMDb wiki -
P.S. Oh, that Bao short is adorable as heck ... and having my heartstrings pulled in the end like that broke me! ;-(
P.P.S. Having Mr. Incredible actually broke down and questioning himself is another highlight for me! He's that much more relatable to me than ever before ... :-D
P.P.P.S. I can't sing enough praise how Elastigirl is such a wonderful lead in this sequel, with her on the Elasticle and her going around searching for the Screenslaver are the two best scenes for me.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.