Ads Top

stripes in all different shapes and sizes

Wardrobe Wednesday 020
 New York Stripes 
< newera >
Even though I has been slowing down in acquiring wardrobe for my collection comparatively (although my mother wouldn't think otherwise), I have been trying to diversify in the types of clothes and pop cultures they cover and of course the basic colours, trying to get the whole spectrum of the rainbow which would give me more options to choose from. I can't say the same for the hat department though but I do try to find suitable candidatesI can't say why I'm being a little more particular though, probably because the selection is much, much scarcer ... 
With that being said, this one here is one of the bright jewels that really shines over other countless counterfeits and brandless miscellaneous that I had to go through to find it. It was just sitting there among others, and when you know the brand and its basic overall design, it looked so obvious to me now that I wonder why others before me hasn't notice the jump in quality and snatch it right away. Compared to my oblivious former self, I probably can see it just blending into the background with the others but with a trained eye, the fog of uncertainty clears right away.
Getting back on the product itself, it is another case of simplicity over intricacy with execution to back up the initial concept. Let me mention a couple of gripes that I know came with the risk from buying used items: wear and tare with the courser material and a number of rips all around the hat. Since both of these minuses didn't actually affect the overall look and structure, I'm pleased as a punch! Regarding the cap itself, I particularly love the stripes aesthetic going through it, being used smartly sparingly for only the top of the bill and the logo! I know in the wrong hands this concept would look too gaudy and messy if apply to every surface of the cap, instead of this sleek, streamlined design. The signature black material used fittingly as the background to let us focus on the design as well as the neon pastel colours, with the decision to highlight different colour for the stripes (with indigo for the bill and neon green for the logo) is proven to be a smart one. 
Oh, the stripes on the logo are actually in three dimension! How about that?! 
-
a case for the camouflage in fashion:
+ Positives +
sleek design with excellent execution on the concept with the 3D stripes as the highlight.
? Main contention ?
I'm not sure how old the design is since there is no other definite mark on the cap ...
- Negatives -
rough materials with a number of rips are just part and parcel of bundle-shopping ... I've been lucky enough so far!
RM
Around RM 25, still in the vicinity of respectable and affordable price.
? Value ?
+ simple, sleek design + perfect contrast - wear and tear + adjustable fit + popping colours = 90%
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.