Ads Top

when you can't just logged out ...

Sunday Soapbox 004
online addiction
[ worldwide ]
Ah, I'm so mad!
Are you online all the times? I mean never turning it off? I have been seeing this first hand myself with my younger brother and older brother being unable to tear themselves away from the internet, the former from the desktop and online games while the latter just keep on using the social media every time he can. With my daily post count notwithstanding, I actually am online as well as soon as I wake up from my sleep, but unlike any of them, I actually take a conscious decision to step away whenever I can, turning off the wi-fi seems to be just the right thing to do.

My intention is first of all to save electricity, since this is my main act every day and I want to conserve as much as I can when I'm not actually need them. That's the thing, though: is it something that you actually need? Or is it just something that you want to so bad that it has turn into a necessity? Granted that since my life has revolves around it so much, I can't even begin to remember my life sans-internet but it's not like my life depends on it. When I turn it off once a day, I use the time to sketch my designs while being accompanied by choiced podcasts for hours on end and then use them for the blog. I am entertained while harnessing my drawing skills.

The biggest thing here is I can see them being addicted to the internet albeit in two different ways, apparent enough when they couldn't be separated from it from the time they wake up until the time they sleep, even for a moment. Even though I spent a lot of time in front of the laptop, I know I can at least peel myself away to do something that is practical and productive, at least in my opinion. It was quite irritating for him to demand that the wifi adapter will not be turned off at all when he us around, a notion that I found preposterous because it is a waste of money to let it on even when you're sleeping! I can understand if you're downloading from a torrent, but you're not! This is confounded by the truth his own smartphone already have internet connection with his mobile plan. He just wants to browse without having to wait like usual ... can't he see he is addicted?

Fooh ... I feel better already!
-

a case for the change of guard:
+ Positives +
trying on something new ... we'll see if it is a perfect fit or will it chafed or not!
? Main contention ?
it's still to early to call ...
- Negatives -
being racist is not a good look, like at all.
? Trait ?
+ a new start +/- change of guard - racism + a good government of an amalgamation
--

- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.