Ads Top

as I intently watching ...

be careful - behave - brr
pet peeves Monday 015 & misc list 046
Since I just got back from the movies, I do have some grievances to air. So let's get on with it:
#040: an intact ticket
Hm ... I'm quite an avid moviegoer for a few years now and I have to admit that I sometimes take the whole journey for granted and just viewing all these little minuses as part and parcel of the moviegoing experience. With this segment as a valid platform to air my grievances, I want to first be a little nitpicky and would want my movie ticket to be intact, thank you very much! Truth be told, it only happened just the other day for Jurassic World (which I will cover soon) and I know that since he was a new trainee at the local cinema's ticket booth, he was a bit clumsy and accidentally tore the top half of the ticket. I didn't really mind actually but since it happened to me for the first time, I was caught by surprise by how I was disappointed that the ticket lost its perfect square shape. I actually always keep my tickets in my wallet as a collection so maybe it dampened my spirit a little bit in that way.

#041: common courtesy
Okay, let's get into the one of my greatest pet peeves: people not behaving themselves in the cinema itself i.e. the screening theater. It is common courtesy to be mindful of other paying attendees by not invading of their private space (watch the hand rest) and not doing anything that would amount to distractions i.e. talking, using your smartphone in any way (answering it?! browsing internet with the screen at full brightness?! flashing your light?!) and since this just happened the other day, kicking the back of my seat! I was the only Malay watching it at seven in the evening and with the Chinese family at the row above me, the dad was leading by example by resting his legs on the seat at my right while the child followed his lead by kicking me for a few times throughout while they screamed for a bit a couple of times as well. I'm just hoping that they won't make others suffer as I did in the future, I don't want them to not support the industry anymore after a disappointing moviegoing experience.

#042: freezing
With a lot of experience under my belt, I still don't know why they always keep the theaters cold with air-conditioners, forcing me to keep bringing sweater with me when I want to watch with a moderate warmth of comfort. I know it must help to keep the audience comfortable when watching the films and help them work up their appetite to finish the popcorns and drinks but I think since the projector could generate a lot of heat, it helps to counter that and not let it overheat. That's just my assumptions though. I'm just glad that I haven't slept through a movie yet! I always came out of the theater freezing in the end though ...
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.