Ads Top

reserved? introverted? all me!

by myself
guilty pleasures Tuesday 009 & misc list 045
Guilty Pleasure Traits =
+ all the time for yourself - unsociable + mass appeal - loneliness + free to do anything +/- responsibility = Middling
Alone. I have been alone for quite awhile now. My last uproarious friendship with a bunch of my close friends were in the university years ago, mingling with my fellow reserved army members where I can share my passion and be myself. The last close friendship was months ago whereby I had my closest friend from the university in town when he was teaching at my former school. I cherish that friendship dearly because compared to that loud, boisterous friendship, here I can really be my quite self and be deeply personal and honest with him. Truth be told, I miss that since he has moved to greater endeavour.

I chose to not stay in touch because ... for no reason at all. I appreciate their company at the time but now I want to be alone as much as possible whereby I can do what I want without taking into consideration what others would want to do. For example, I am now used to being by myself going to the cinema, going by my own pace and just go where I want to go and go back at any time I want i.e. my constant visits to the thrift or bundle stores that are on the way. I'm sure if I'm with my girlfriend, she would have other things in mind. The same can be said when I am out with my friends. I've been cooped up at home for years now, just browsing the internet and drawing all by myself. It can be viewed as lonely but I find solace in the isolation.

My last serious relationship ended in a nightmare, through no fault of both of us. It's been years since then, as I try to move on unsuccessfully time after time after that, just couldn't get the right partner. I learned from my mistakes but now reaching thirty myself, I find it tiring to keep chasing and would just let it come to me naturally, as my constant need to have someone by my side was satiated enough in my twenties. I am always longing to have someone that close to me again but learning from experience, now is the time to be much more serious about it and not taking it lightly. I want to take it one step at a time if I am lucky enough to have another partner in my life, but until then, let me bask in this embrace of emptiness that I have grown accustomed to.


-

Chance of Hitting Mainstream 
100% since not everyone could find their better half in their lifetime.

a case for my solitary inclination:
+ Highlights +
you are only responsible with yourself and not with another body, free to do anything as you please.
? Main contention ?
not having another person to bounce off ideas could lead you to stagnation ...
- Lowlights -
human is a social creature. I feel the need now and then. 
{ underlying themes }
hm ... it's just a way for me to not be responsible onto others, don't want to risk putting it all on the line again just to be devastated in the end. with that being said, with no risk there is no reward!
--

This is a list of some of the things that I do when I'm alone:

#01: web-browsing
+ a lot of information to gather. ? needs to be careful of the sources. - since some can turn out false and in turns useless.

#02: Youtube videos
+ auditory and visual information being streamlined into consumable chunks. ? without a proper guidance, you might go down a deep rabbit hole if you're not careful ... - since it is virtually limitless in variety, there will always be videos that cater to something that is false as well, so please browse responsibly and do check the sources. It's a Google Search away!

#03: POP-drawing
+ paying tribute to my favourite pop culture properties by turning them into Funko POP concepts, one of the hottest pieces of merchandise at the time. ? without a proper gadgets, my admittedly amateur drawings would not be as the full 3D concepts being made by other artists. - I would never have enough money to buy every POP that I want but if some of my obscure concepts actually materialized officially, I don't think I can get away from that, at all.
---
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.