Ads Top

reach out. we are here for you.

Writing Prompts 009 Poems on Mental Illness
Hm ... having another well-known figure committed suicide brought with it another much needed conversation around mental illness and to remove the stigma over it, having an educated conversation to remove the taboo cloud that is always hovering over this serious and delicate matter. What am I trying to do here is just paying respect to those who left us too early, doing my part to keep shining lights onto them in the only I can think of ...

... poem.
I saw one in the reddit post before but couldn't find it at the time of writing.

Nevertheless, after going through the post, I can find a few inspirations for an amateur poem-writing ... here I go:
~
I - Mirage
What you see is not what it appears.
What you don't see is the true self.
What you hear is not what it seems.
What you don't hear is the cry for help.
What we are to you is what we want you to see and hear.
Not what we really are inside,
someone that's in need but you will never know it.

II - Self versus Image
You put upon a face, fooling everyone.
It's a facade yet everyone thank you for it.
Your fake positivity earns their gratitude,
your emotional labor makes it worth the while.
Your inner truth or who you are personally notwithstanding,
everyone thanks you nonetheless.
Maybe all this warmth will do you good after all.

III - Open UpCan you listen to me?Caught up between a rock and a hard place.Having these feelings is not a crime,yet will be treated as a criminal either way.I'm just human, through no fault of my own,impulses that I could keep down but not keep away.Only need a couple of ears to hear and listen,so can you listen to me?


IV - Having it All
Happily ever after, what a novel ideal.
Having the ideal body, yet it is not enough.
Having the ideal job, yet it still never enough.
Having the ideal love, yet it just not enough.
Happiness cannot be given,
happiness cannot be obtained.
Happiness can only be built from within.
-

That is all. They are all quite simple and cobbled together since I used some of the situations and writings in the post for these poems. Please do go there to be around those who feel the same way. The title there, I meant it. Here is my e-mail, alllifeinfate@msn.com, if you just want someone to talk to. No judgement and no name, I will be someone who will listen to you.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.