Ads Top

Take a deep... fresh breath.

obligatory journal 074
Going into the mountains
It's the annual family gathering of the extended family on my my mother's side yet again, now going to the to the mountains in Janda Baik, Pahang. I did not expect much but the first impression of the place, Deruan Damai was quite serene and rather inviting with all the rooms around all the greenery and man-made ponds and of course, the natural small creek that was the most great thing that I love. I love to go into the waters every time that I can even though I CAN'T SWIM. I spent the rest of the evening with all the nieces and cousins and their children (I never have same age friends but I get well enough with the younger relatives) but one thing that caught my eyes are...
...Snooker/Pool! I've always been interested in playing it and when I found out what kind of table it was under the makeshift cover, I couldn't wait to ask the worker there if they have the balls and cue polls, and they did and I had a ball, pun not intended, playing it for the first time and getting to know the complexities playing it in real life. I've a pool PC game before and know it's all about the angles and how hard you hit the ball, but it's a whole thing when you're the one hitting it instead of the computer. I was quite proficient but when I see others who have played it before, I know I'm still long way away... I still have problem hitting the cue ball properly in the middle. At least I have the basic skills down!
I don't know why but I always love being in the water, even if for a moment only despite my aforementioned fear. Later that afternoon, I went in to keep my niece accompanied, quite a good excuse to get in although I do love spending time with her. The last time was in that theme park in Perak and before that in the warm, salty sea so having this clear and cool water running around me was just what I needed. The day after I went in again after a serene light jog up the mountains, hence all the following images. My knees are not what they used to be so I took my time and enjoyed the scenery more thoroughly.

I enjoyed my time there to my surprise, just like I did during last year's family gathering among the paddy fields. So I want to thank you for reading through this post and hopefully you enjoy the pictures that I took with my new smartphone. Oh, the place itself is really well made, especially the rooms. Certainly above the four stars level! I would highly recommend it if you want to spend time relaxing in the mountains. Maybe you can get up Genting Highlands right after that!
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.