Ads Top

As I try to pray Tarawih...

stunted - time - unfamiliar
pet peeves Monday 045 & misc list 231
With this fasting month comes again, I have to pray the daily prayers but as I've touched upon before...
... there are a number of problems that still persist:

#103: growing yet still stunted
I brought up the children before and while they are still there, I want to focus on those who have gone through or still going through puberty and how some vocal few are misrepresenting them during the solat. I can't believe how a couple of these kids were acting during the prayer, talking and even making jokes that caused others to laugh. I saw from the corner of my eyes that he used the smartphone in front of him before the prayer even finished! Ah, I was so incensed, but thankfully I kept myself in check at that moment...

#104: what's the time?
Since every year the imam that lead the prayer changes, there's still some wiggle room when the actual Tarawih prayer is and while I can make some educated guesses since I go to the same surau every time, I am still not sure the exact time and if I go there a beat late, I will miss the first or even second round of Tarawih. That's totally on me but I am still annoyed, at myself mostly.

#105: not my pace
Trying to pray in public is not my cup of tea since I'm constrained from going at my own pace and more importantly I have to pay extra attention to my knees. I have been taking precaution from applying pressures on them and following other's paces might force me to put them on the line, so to speak.
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.