Ads Top

having fun in water for the child in me

obligatory journal 071a
a belated wet birthday gift
My mother wanted to take a breather after being cooped up at home doing nothing for so long and I suggested going to Bukit Merah since we did went there years ago with my younger brother. She surprisingly agreed despite having to go extra kilometers from the original intended location.Having arrived there, I know it would be sparse with visitors since it was the first day of school and I was afraid of being the only one there.
My fear subsided as soon as I entered since I saw a number of families playing with their kids and while I couldn't how it was when I visited the place before when I was younger, the place seemed big enough for my younger smaller self to remember it being this vast playground. Unfortunately the obstacle course isn't finish yet, at least the adult one. There's a flying fox line I'm dying to get on! While I couldn't enjoy the smaller water parks, I then noticed the three water slides at the other side of the park. I do consider myself an adrenaline junkie, looking forward to go on rollercoaster and possibly bungee jumping (my bucket list with skydiving as the biggest one) but this is something entirely new, something that I didn't know what I was getting myself into.
If you've been on this blog for some time, I think I have mentioned that I cannot swim at all and it includes the fear of drowning with it. This came into play when I mounted the solitary slide from the top to the bottom, and while the sensation of travelling fast on the slide with water will never be tiring, what came next that worried me; yeah, when I splashed into the water below. I tensed up through my first slide since it was my first time ever and ended up bumping my knee and hurting my back. I was getting better in subsequent rides, going on the ones that I need to use the float and while the fear before the ride will always be there, the rush that I got after going on them are second to none! You know you are safe but you will feel the fear anyway, hence the term thrill rides! Now I had gone on one myself, I can't wait to go on others myself when I go to other waterpark. Maybe Sunway Lagoon is next ... there's a bungee jumping there! I need to save money first though ...
-
Bukit Merah Laketown Resort,
Jalan Bukit Merah Taiping 34400 Semanggol, PERAK Malaysia.
04-227 9003
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.