Ads Top

Aside from fasting...

force - together - selective
pet peeves Monday 047 & misc list 244
Well, I should just stay on topic since I might as well.
... yes, I am talking about everything else surrounding the act itself:

#109: force for good
I know it is the Holy Month but forcing me to do sunat activities really just make me hate it even more. In my mind, I should be willing to do them myself but you force me to do them because of what you think. Yes, I know we could die anytime and you never know if you've done enough to go straight to Heaven but I should be into it with my own volition, not because you keep badgering me to do so. None of these I did willingly, okay? No sincerity whatsoever then.

#110: strength in number
Let's highlight tarawih specifically. It is a sunat prayer but judging by how my mother view it, it is like an obligation for us to go to the mosque or surau to do them with the jemaah, mistaking it as wajib rather than sunat. I know that the pahala will be a lot more if done with the others and I should always strive for that but I now feel like it's being shove down my throat so much every year that I can't help but feel I'm doing this just to appease my mother, rather than doing it sincerely to appease Allah. I should be afraid of Allah, not my mother.

#111: putting up a front
Okay, just like how when it's only on Mothers Day that you do special things for your mother that I'm suspicious of people who do generous things only in Ramadhan. Being more religious during this time of month is in line with the teaching since it is the month to do so but if you only do so during this period but not change your ways for the better after the fasting, what's the point then? Shouldn't you learn from this experience?

P.S. I know these views might not be agreeable to fellow Muslims but this is my own personal view on this matter. I hope you will be understanding.
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.