Ads Top

Remember, not everyone can afford it.

Sunday Soapbox 005
movie subscription plans
[ USA ]
Ah, I'm so mad!
I was struggling to find a topic to cover for this segment but when this one topic came across my mind, I was properly incensed that I think I can fill this entry quite easy in a matter of minutes. Well, I am an avid listener to the Collider Movie Talk on Collider Videos channel and went as far back as when they were with AMC in their original red but a certain new employee of them made a rather dismissive rhetoric in a dismissive manner on why people won't just pay full price for their movie ticket. Oh, really? Really?!

Look, I admit I am in a more fortunate situation compared to many others whereby I am in currently financially viable to go out and watch movies every now and then. For your information, it's not just the price of the ticket that I had to take into account but the fuel, the food that I am eating throughout the trip and of course other miscellaneous costs such as parking spot and emergency fund. I chose not to go to KLCC anymore since the parking cost ten bucks per entry and ever since went to places with free parking. I am not made of money and I'll try to save as much as I can and if I have a local movie subscription plan that could my cost even a little, I am more than happy to pay for it to save in the long run. I still don't have a proper one here like MoviePass or the upcoming AMC (the former is more fitting since I don't exclusively go to one specific movie chain) but I fully support the intention behind it in the States.

Going back to his criticism, he was speaking from a privileged position as someone who is working in the industry and often times being blessed with press screenings whereby he won't pay to get into, but instead the other way around. I believe it was a slip of the tongue but he didn't actually apologize for that statement and that's where I see he didn't see this position from our point of view hence the shortsighted verbal diss. As a fan, I hope this specific panel member would put more thoughts before speaking out but the way he keeps going right now by critiquing universally loved properties just for the sake of it without any valid criticism behind them make me question his inclusion onto the daily panel. Any publicity is good publicity but is it worth it in the end if you end up alienating the fans? Read through the comments section and hear their constructive feedback, and let us know you are listening.

Fooh ... I feel better already!
-

a case for the shortsighted outburst:
+ Positives +
nothing ... he's not being sympathetic to the less fortunate!
? Main contention ?
...
- Negatives -
he is just smug for his position in the industry.
? Trait ?
- looking down on the people -
--

- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.