Ads Top

six down, six to go

POPs of the day 037
June 2018 Funko POP waves & personal picks
I think I'll try to do this weekly just like Franklyn did, but of course focus solely on the POPs. Let me clean this one out first:
1. Blue-Eyes White Dragon {Yu-Gi-Oh!}
This particular Yu-Gi-Oh wave are packed with characters with their own iconic signature looks, including the main monster the two leads always use but if I have to choose one, it has to be the Dragon! We might never get the proper 6'inch version of it and its size had to be reduced to fit the box but it is still the standout to me with its shiny body and unique skeleton-like design. If it received well during its release, let's hope it will gets its due and might get that enlarged version to befit its reputation. Its skinnier disposition would not look as menacing if put besides fellow POPs with the same height, hence the need to increase its height and in turns its size.

2. Beetlejuice <Guide> {Beetlejuice}
If you've seen the earlier version of him in his signature suit, you know the newer sculpting technology certainly helps in representing these iconic pop culture mainstays much more faithfully. I really appreciate that, and if you've seen my previous works, you already know that. In this most recent take, he looks delightfully dirty and creepy which is in line with his movie counterpart. If only they would redo that first one again just like this ...
3. Master Roshi {Dragon Ball Z}
The original anime run holds such a precious place in my heart as the action comedy series of my youth, and the rather sleazy yet still powerful mentor of Son Goku is certainly one of the highlights of that training arc at the island. This signature looks is his and his alone, and I wonder if they'll adapt him when he's all muscled up later.

4. Genji {Overwatch}
This Blizzard FPS game have such an eclectic cast with as diverse of backgrounds and playing styles as their one-of-a-kind character designs, and Genji is unlike any other. After watching that origin short of him with Hanzo, I know how he eventually begins to turn out to be this cyborg ninja! I picked him as one of my choices because of his helmet turns out here and of course that sleek body suit and the shurikens and sword at hands. You won't see that anywhere else! 

5. Tien & Chiaotzu {Dragon Ball Z}
I had to pick this couple out since it is rare to see a POP coupled with a smaller POP all in one box, especially with both of them being in humanoid forms. This coupling made all the sense since they are partners in the tournament and just watching this POPs made me recall some of their duels in the arena, with Yamcha for one of those if I'm not mistaken. Seeing them standing side by side like that just emphasize how cute the smaller member of the duo is.

6. Doomfist {Overwatch}
I wanted to adapt him myself since the first he was introduced but seeing it adapted by Funko artist themselves, I know I can't fight against that. Just look how ornate and shiny the POP is! Orisa is another highlight of this Wave Four but I'm just glad that the rather short list of African POP is being updated with such a quality POP!  

Release date:
Beetlejuice: July,
Dragon Ball Z: Summer,
Yu-Gi-Oh!: August,
Overwatch Wave 4: August.
  
~~~
Thank you for your time and please do come back for more. Assalamualaikum and good bye! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.