Ads Top

as I wake up from my slumber ...

pulsating - spasming - bending
pet peeves Monday 017 & misc list 055
Did I skip last week for this segment? Nevertheless, it's easy to do an entry if I already have a topic in mind but as I typed this, nothings still hasn't come to mind ... until now! Since I am past twelve at night already, my mind was thinking of sleeping already and I was thinking of how I felt the morning after:
#046: waking up to a pulse
How do you usually feel when you finally wake up from your long slumber? Your eyes would surely feel heavy after hours of inactivity (unless there is rapid eyes movement or REM) but the occasional head pounding can be quite a headache, literally. After looking back to my past sleeping patterns, I noticed that I only get the headache if I slept in irregular manner i.e. sleep at different time than usual or sleep with odd hours. Mostly it is caused by not having enough sleep and waking up in the middle of a deep sleep, cutting short from my usual two hour per session pattern. A Panadol would usually keep the pounding at bay but I wish it's not as prominent as it was currently.

#047: spasms in the muscles
Okay, this does not happen as frequently but when it actually did, I was disturbed out of my peaceful sleep and had to suffer through the cramp until it eventually faded away. It might have happened because of my occasional jogs since it only affects my calves but it's been awhile since the last one. I had been stretching ever since while lying down before I close my eyes because I want to make sure an unobstructed circulation. It turns out this actually helps! Has it happened to you before?

#048: not fully supported
Included into the stretching as well is my constant effort to get my back as straight as possible, as perpendicular to the mattress as possible since I learned from my past experience that when I slept with my back not properly supported fully, I woke up with a sore back every time. Just spend a few moments by scooting your body bit by bit until you feel all the surface of your back touches the surface of the bed evenly, then you'll be amazed by result in the morning. Why suffer with a bad back every morning when you can try to fix it?
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.