Ads Top

something is looming over the horizon

obligatory journal 022
New Year's Resolution
weekly update #8

Hmm ... cancer finally finds its way into my family ...
#1 more regular Al-Quran reciting
If I'm not mistaken, I believe almost every day I recited the Al-Quran with the fewest pages being at least two, and I know I did read three pages much more than two. The reciting went so much better and smooth than ever before that I do not feel it as a chore at all! It is not supposed to, you're supposed to do it out of sincerity to be much more in tune with your religion, not feeling it like an obligation. I began to read the meanings a bit but I can't continue to do it every time I finished a page because it would disrupt my flow ... I'll find a way to find a method that works.
#2 weekly adequate exercises
Well, easier said than done ... I severely underestimated how hard it was trying to fit a daily hundred crunches into my daily life! I had exercised for only twice last week as my futile attempt to do the crunch slowly diminished over several days as I accepted my failure. Well, not anymore! I will give it a real go this week ... starting today since I took yesterday off as well. I will keep track from today until next Monday! We'll see ... yeah. Yeah, YEAH!

#3 more regularized Funko POP designs
I'm not improving. Really?! Gosh-darn-it!
#4 pray full for the whole year
Since this went hand in hand with my first resolution, they relied on each other and if one is fulfill one, the other should as well, and last week in particular is the most successful comparatively. I still can't wake up in time for Subuh but I did once with an alarm on my smartphone, so there is hope. I know I am getting better, and I will keep at it.
#5 giving back to the community
...
#6 going out of my comfort zone
Aside from the usual choice-based comic, I will be getting back to the first narrative(?)-driven comic slowly but surely and I finally trying my hand on designing as another outlet for my creativity ... what do you think?

I hope with my attempt to keep myself accountable, this would motivate you to do same!
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.