Ads Top

As I silently snoring ...

nappy - immobile - lethal affliction
pet peeves Monday 005 & misc list 008
Sleep is such a sensitive subject for a lot of people especially if they turn cranky when they don't get enough of it:
#016: power naps FTW!
I want to sleep whenever I feel sleepy but that drowsiness can come at the most random times whether it is beneficial to me or not. As I monitor my own sleeping patterns as of late, it all depends on how much sleep that I get at the end of every day and whether it fills the eight hour quota or not (yes, that is still quite a lot for a 29 years old guy ... I don't know my body, man/woman!). I used to sleep really late until the eve of the morning but thankfully I'm able to reset my own body clock to make me sleepy just after 12 o'clock but the side effects are these wave of sleepiness in the middle of the day or in the afternoon that I used to adhere to to sleep that late before. The trick is to have a nap that is not too long that you'll wake up in the middle of REM sleep and having a thumping headache. It is when the latter happens that I wish I didn't take that gamble just now ...

#017: immobile as a rock
Whether or not you sleep as much as I do on the daily basis, you will be shocked at how durable I am when I get sleepy, as in I can sleep wherever and whenever no matter the place or the time, as long as I can catch some shut eyes. Case in point: I slept thrice this week on the mahogany sofa in the living room downstairs just because my eyes just couldn't take it. Other places are on the cold marble floor and even under some shade in the middle of the day during a reserved army training years ago. With that being said, I am more annoyed on the repercussions of said naps or straight out sleeps because if I fall asleep right away after closing my heavy eyes, my perplexing inclination to never move at all from that accidentally discomforting positions would leave my body with a number of muscle cramps and strains when I wake up in the morning, leaving me less refreshed than I would have hoped.

#018: sleeping on the wheel
This is one of my most unfortunate traits that I am not proud of, at all. I have no idea what the actual scientific term is but I have a chronic night drowsiness, so to speak. Let me explain myself: whenever I get sleepy on my bike whether in the morning or late at night and if I couldn't shake it off by resting my eyes a bit at the side of the road or by munching something or drinking something, I would inexplicably fall asleep on top of my bike! I was never sleepy before but when I get comfortable in that seated position, I can feel it coming out of nowhere ... I had to admit that they were two instances in my past that resulted in accidents, one in the morning and one in the evening with the latter causing me quite a lot of money to fix a bent fender while the former causing me a lot of skin off my shoulder and both hands. Thankfully, I've been careful since then but there were times that they still crept up on me every now and then. This is why I prefer riding bikes over driving car myself since if this ever happens again, I would inflict the less amount of damage to anyone else in the vicinity. It's my affliction, I don't want others to suffer because of me ...
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.