Ads Top

topic of the day 003 what's a girl worth?

topic of the day 003
what's a girl worth
in human trafficking


Girls are now cheaper than at any time in history. 
You can buy one in North America for as little as $5,000. In Europe, just $3,000. The average global price is less than $100, and in some places they cost just a few dollars.

~ BenRandall ~

What?
An eye-opening journey through a still prominent human rights violation all over the world.


You can use a girl for labour, for her organs - or even as a suicide bomber. By far the most popular use, though, is sex. In the words of one Ukrainian mobster: "You can make your money back in a week, if she's pretty and young".


Who?
 Ben Randall, a teacher who wanted to find his friend dipped his toe into this crime industry and unravel the problem that has seeped into the culture there in Vietnam without much if any interference by the government.

After just a few months, one of my friends took her "husband's" phone and ran away. She was brought home safely. My other 2 friends just disappeared. I didn't know where they were, what had happened to them, or even if they were still alive.


How?
He did it in secret because he was just a single person against an establishment although a couple of NGO organizations that are specifically trying to combat them were there to guide him.


I gave up everything to investigate my friends' disappearances, and risked my life to try and find them in China - the world's most populous country, with over 1.357 billion people (more than 4x the population of the US!). After 5 months of searching, to everyone's surprise, I actually did find them. What you're seeing here includes footage nobody's ever seen before.

Why?
Do you even need to ask?! (Sorry, I got caught up in the moment ...).


It was more than I'd ever hoped for - but that was just the beginning. By the time I found them, each of my 2 friends had given birth in China, and had to make a decision no mother should ever have to make: the choice between her child and her own freedom.

Then?
Go through the post on the imgur and try to contribute as much as you can. Watch the preview with his blessings of his own experience trying to find his trafficked friends and see for yourself how it affected them.


My other friend risked her life to trap her trafficker, who was caught red-handed with 2 more trafficked girls and imprisoned in China. As crazy as it sounds, that's only half the story. ...So what are these girls worth? More than any price tag.

So?
Please go to the imgur page to read through his original post and if you want to watch the short 40 minutes short he made, the details are there and I wouldn't include them here in fear of conflicting with his original intention. The video would only be available for this month only, so please watch it before the fundraising campaign ends!


Let's not kid ourselves. Helping 1 or 2 girls doesn't really make a difference when they're being taken in their thousands. I want to share my friends' story as a feature documentary to raise awareness of the global human trafficking crisis, and to help protect vulnerable girls in Vietnam.
 What you've seen here is just a tiny fraction of the incredible footage I have. Some of it has never been seen until today, and most of it has never been seen at all.
I've been struggling for 3.5 years to get this project the attention and funding it needs, so I can share this story with the world. For the past 2 months I've been running a fundraising campaign, and the support I've had from Imgur has blown my mind.


If you want to make a difference, I'd love your help on the fundraiser - contributions will help finish the film, and launch a prevention program to protect vulnerable girls in Vietnam: http://www.sistersforsale.com
~ BenRandall ~

Lesson Learned:
"A friendship should last forever despite any hardship and difficulty, including human trafficking."

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.