Ads Top

Stop and Stare 003 slowing down the pace

I usually jog around my neighborhood just before dusk for thirty minutes at least thrice a week and I've thankfully keep the habit going until now but for this particular day I woke up early and had the urge to jog the other way, going through the paddy fields by foot and try to pace myself as I enjoy the views.
Thinking of my eyesight to be greeted by the greenery of the paddies, instead I saw myself staring at the freshly plowed fields as it apparently slipped through my mind that the harvesting season has passed but I brushed past it as I stopped my jog and trying to find the beauty that I could frame as nicely as I could.


Sure the first two didn't look aesthetically pleasing but I tried to use the contrasting land and sky as the still water reflected the clear nature of the air as the single patch of newly grown paddies readied to be planted was the main focus as the portrait shot focused on the length of the field. The third shot just above was a close shot of the moss just at the edge of one of the field, catching my eyes solely with its light green color and this was the best I could do to capture it.


In this instance, I was treated to a group of birds who took advantage of the plowers by picking away through the freshly grounded up soils and since I knew I would spook them as I was approaching them, I readied my smartphone-slash-camera and ... this was the best I could do. It's a picture, all right.


Coming across these new batch of young paddies, its closer location allowed me to get closer to them as I was able to emphasize their vibrant color although the framing itself could have been better.


As I continued on my exercise, I stumbled upon more of them as they were in various stages of usage ...


... and their green color started to paint a more livelier landscape over the blank slate of the paddy field.


An obligatory panoramic shot of the scene as I stood alone on the gravelly road.

If you were a native citizen of Sungai Besar, this exact road should be instilled in your mind as it did in mine since I always frequented it as I went back and forth from my home to SMK Sungai Besar. I had to wait for the traffic to go by first before standing in the middle of the road, again, to take this as I continued walking slowly home right after. As always, I hope this series of pictures does the same for you as it did for me.

{from 09.26 a.m. to 10.23 p.m. of 30th of September, 2015}

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.