Ads Top

I need to update the header image...

gaming check-in 003/ 4th week of May, 2019
Okay, moving forward I will give weekly update only in this section, combining them all rather than separate them. If there is a new game, I will include them there in the appropriate column.

A Plague Tale: Innocence grabbed me the moment I saw the rat mob physics in one of its early previews and knowing it is based around the infamous Black Plague, I'm intrigued to see where they'll go with this and it is basically like the talking version of Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons as the early cheery tone slowly but surely turn into one of the bleakest games I've played in a recent while. Now I know why the family has fallen this way and just met the family doctor and came across that scene in the preview of a plain full of dead bodies...

Observation is something that I come across that I knew was a PSVR game but now finally came to PC. Knowing it was a game specifically for that medium, I'm not sure where it'll go but after playing it and finishing just overnight, I'm all for fully giving this game the highest recommendation for others to play. It is a fixed camera-slash-FPS game that have you control the AI on a space station to help a stranded astronaut onboard. No need for space knowledge but you have to use your intellect to figure out all the visual and audio cues that you need to decipher to resolve the problem of the moment. There isn't much of hand-holding for better or worse but I'm really proud of myself being able to figure them all out by myself. So many up and down on this rollercoaster ride and the ending is just one big payoff for me! Please do play it if you want something out of the ordinary!

Trover Saves the Universe is another VR game that I know I just have to play just because Justin Roiland is at the head of it. The visuals are really bright and colourful but the tone is definitely on brand akin to Rick and Morty... being a being permanently sitting in a chair is just the start of the bizarre for this fantastical world!

Walkthrough of Obra Dinn is still elusive to me...

More or less the same for Darksiders II, Inquisition and Origins.

...

short
the Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit

What else that's short that I can play...?
-

medium/undetermined
Below | Dead in Vinland | Darkest Dungeon | Observation | Return of the Obra Dinn
... 
--

long
Assassin's Creed Origins | Dragon Age Inquisition | Darksiders II 
...
---

resume
Bayonetta | Beyond Good & Evil | Cuphead | Fez | FTL | Hollow Knight | Hyper Light Drifter | Into the Breach | Invisible, Inc. | Remember Me | Sundered | the Banner Saga | Titan Souls | Vanquish | Wolfenstein: the New Order
----

finished
Assassin's Creed | Batman: the Telltales Series Season 1 & 2 | Dragon Age Origins & II | Broken Age| Doom (2016) | Game Dev Tycoon | Gone Home | Half-Life | Half-Life 2 | Life is Strange Season One & Before the Storm | Life is Strange Season Two Episode One | Little Nightmares | Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy | Night in the Woods | Ori and the Blind Forest | Oxenfree | Portal | Portal 2 | Pyre | Spec Ops: the Line | Superhot | Telltale's the Walking Dead Season 1-3 | the Gardens Between | What Remains of Edith Finch | X-Com: Enemy Unknown
They will keep coming... 
-----

backburner
Dead Cells | Deep Sky Derelicts | Psychonauts | Shadowrun Returns
-----

Oh yeah, if you couldn't tell already, I am that type of person who plays a lot of games at the same time. Yup. Doesn't it feel weird jumping from one game to another? No, not so much. No.

-x-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.