Ads Top

Deduce, survive, consume, control, light, float, kill & handstand.

gaming check-in 005 the month of June, 2019
Okay, moving forward I will give weekly update only in this section, combining them all rather than separate them. If there is a new game, I will include them there in the appropriate column.

So much I wanted to say about A Plague Tale: Innocence but if you're a seasoned gamer, you could see where the trajectory is going but the journey is still one of a kind and I won't trade it for anything else. The stealth elements are helped by the many abilities the main protagonist has while the main threat the story revolves around have a lot of impact from its portrayal in the game as well as the more extraordinary elements certainly leads the narrative. I want to highlight the excellent main cast that's predominantly youth but not to its detriments but rather to its benefits and alongside the Council, the engine is really used to its full potential with the locations whether in the forests or in the buildings i.e. the abandoned castle or the Cathedral. Thank you Asabo Studio!

Assassin's Creed: Origins' vast maps really urges me to explore them, especially with all those icons and question marks... when I discovered the ones in gold, now that's a treat! There was a passage that I had to reflect the light from the outside into its many room and when I got stuck for a moment, I just wandered around in the dark for awhile until I remembered that I actually have a torch in my inventory. D'oh!

Finally killed my first major boss in Darkest Dungeon that actually put one of my teammates into a hot cauldron, alive! I know this game is twisted but not to that extent! Now I want to see how the other bosses would look like... 

Darksiders II's worm has been vanquished in the skull arena... there's a lot of hoops to jump through for that but I enjoyed the process honestly. Having played it every now and then certainly helps!

Just recruited two more new members in the new archer and mage in Dragon Age: Inquisition and about to choose side between the Templars and the Mages... I chose the latter before so should I make the same decision again?

Draugen is a soothing walking simulator with you going through a deserted village while trying to uncover its secrets, with gorgeous sceneries and a nice conversation going between the two protagonists. I love uncovering the mystery while seeing the main guy's slow descent into madness looking for his sister. That third act revelation is a nice change of pace in storytelling for the genre that's usually inundated with nonstop violence. A definite breath of fresh air and I won't mind for another adventure with this duo.

When I stumbled upon the Council and marveled at the gorgeous screenshots, that alone are enough to entice me to go in blind and play it anyway. It's a decision I did not regret at all because after the first opening scene and the moment I stepped on the island, I know I'm in for a treat when I was greeted by the again magnificent vistas and of course the impeccable interiors of the mansion. I didn't expect it to be an investigative TPA with surprising amount of depths in the mechanics of the protagonist's abilities and the throwback setting being punctuated by the other characters present there which includes... Napoleon and George Washington! What?! The premise is farfetched but I'm just so happy to play in a world where these figures are together at one place. I enjoy the process of deducing throughout the first episode and the diverging paths that I could take really make me think of my choices since I know it will decide what information I could gather. The presentation is almost perfect if not for the slight (unavoidable) clippings in the character models and the lack of emotions behind the eyes, just fall short to trigger the uncanny valley for me. The game engine is excellent rendering all those details in the set decorations and the characters' skins for example but the unnatural animations and dead-behind-the-eyes effect really shows the chink in the armour especially if the camera is always that close to the characters. L.A. Noire's facial animations would work wonders for this game. I wonder if they could license that particular technology...

 It is unfortunate that I won't be able to play Trover Saves the Universe as it was intended in VR but playing it just like that on PC is still fun as heck with all the dark and brash humour and the wacky designs and even wackier characters. I love the whole package

After all those 30 plus GB downloads, I really didn't expect Wolfenstein: the New Order to end right after a few minutes I continue with my thankfully still not deleted game save. Truth be told, I had to lower the difficulty for the end boss from the hardest to lower setting since he's too much of a bullet sponge and I need to confirm if he's killable at all. He was actually and it ended just like that. This is a greatly executed reboot to me and I can't wait to continue with the Old Blood! I hope the upcoming co-op game can be played on my own though...

...

short
the Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit

What else that's short that I can play...?
-

medium/undetermined
Below | Dead in Vinland | Darkest Dungeon | Observation | Return of the Obra Dinn | Shadowrun Returns
... 
--

long
Assassin's Creed Origins | Dragon Age Inquisition | Darksiders II 
...
---

resume
Bayonetta | Beyond Good & Evil | Cuphead | Fez | FTL | Hollow Knight | Hyper Light Drifter | Into the Breach | Invisible, Inc. | Remember Me | Sundered | the Banner Saga | Titan Souls | Vanquish
----

finished
A Plague Tale: Innocence | Assassin's Creed | Batman: the Telltales Series Season 1 & 2 | Broken Age| Dragon Age Origins & II | Draugen | Doom (2016) | Game Dev Tycoon | Gone Home | Half-Life | Half-Life 2 | Life is Strange Season One & Before the Storm | Life is Strange Season Two Episode One | Little Nightmares | Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy | Night in the Woods | ObservationOri and the Blind Forest | Oxenfree | Portal | Portal 2 | Pyre | Spec Ops: the Line | Superhot | Telltale's the Walking Dead Season 1-3 | the Council Episode One | the Gardens Between | Trover Saves the Universe | What Remains of Edith Finch |  Wolfenstein: the New OrderX-Com: Enemy Unknown
They will keep coming... 
-----

backburner
Dead Cells | Deep Sky Derelicts | Psychonauts
-----

Oh yeah, if you couldn't tell already, I am that type of person who plays a lot of games at the same time. Yup. Doesn't it feel weird jumping from one game to another? No, not so much. No.

-x-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.