Ads Top

magic ... Magic. Magic! MAGIC!

Writing Prompts 006 Putting Voices Where There Isn't Any
I  used to read a lot before, being stimulated by the Harry Potter Series from the start to its inevitable finish and carried on with Reader Digest, but ... it petered off a couple of years ago and I haven't been that active ever again. Since I've been familiarize myself with audio version of some of the novels out there i.e. audiobook for properties such as Ender's Game, Ready Player One and Star Wars, I find another way to enjoy the literature of fictions with professional voice actors breath in life into the written words. It's a convenient way to enjoy the medium but when I stumbled into this post on imgur, it made me reminisce of the power of the predecessor and the title is very fitting: it is MAGIC! I might never write a full story in the near future (the inspiration still hasn't come up yet), I am forever inspired with small things such as this that might affect my writing down the line. So, let me have a go at it and we'll see how it goes, okay?

~

Magic

I am reading this to myself. Reading it silently.
I do not move my lips. I do not make any sound.
I am listening to myself, listening without hearing anything.
What a wonderfully weird thing, huh?

NOW I AM MAKING THIS PART LOUDER!
SCREAM IT IN MY MIND!
DROWN EVERYTHING OUT.
Now, I hear a whisper. A tiny whisper.

Now, I would read this next line with a crotchety-old-man's voice:
"Hello there, sonny. Does your town have a post office?"
Awesome! Who was that? Whose voice was that?
It sure wasn't mine!

How did I do that?
How?!
Must be magic. 

~

Miracle

He appears to be deep in thought, silently breathing in the cool night breeze.
As stationary as a statue, you could interpret a lot behind the demeanor and the looks,
despite not a move made and not a sound heard from him.
Trying to listen to anything else besides his own voices in his head, he was met only with silence. Nothing works out for hum, huh?

MAYBE I SHOULD BE SCREAMING INSTEAD!
FILL IN THIS SILENCE WITH MY VOICE!
OVERWHELMING EVERYTHING ELSE.
Or, maybe I should just whisper. A sweet nothing into the air.

Oh, that made him recall a certain someone's parting words to him that was as melodramatic as they came:
"Even though this separation is being pushed upon us, we would be together again in due time."
Awesome! When would that be? Whose decision was it to move you away just like that?
It sure wasn't mine!

How could we meet again?
How?!
Could only be a miracle.

~

- The End -

Thank you for going on this mini-journey with me and letting me indulged in my other hobby besides drawing. I find it hard to write something that have heft behind them instead of just meaningless rambles. Just like the muscles in your hands, I need to keep on engaging them to warm them up and maybe get better in the future, Insya-Allah for both of them. Thank you for your time and please do come back for more. Assalamualaikum and good bye!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.