Ads Top

one false step for me ...

obligatory journal 072
it isn't supposed to bend that way ... 
If you've followed on Instagram, here I am to expand on it ... It all started Monday morning when I actually woke up early for once and getting ready to jog since I was wide awake. As I got on a chair to get a cap off the cap cabinet up on the wall, getting off an elevated surface never went wrong for me before, like at all!
When I expected to feel my bare feet hitting the ground just like usual, I felt the strain on my right ankle and since I went down quite fast, it was just too sudden to do anything about it, and just let my whole body weight felt on top of it. Then the pain started. It was intense, something that I hadn't feel for quite some time but I do remember bruising my rib cage in a resort in Kuala Selangor after slipping off an old mortar ... don't ask. I was young and stupid. This one was just pure bad luck. It was just my time to suffer. And I did by clutching onto it and screaming in pain while rolling around on the tiles. The cats came in but they didn't know what to do, just like I did when the pain never relented for the first few minutes but then it started to lessen little by little and then surprisingly a rush of coldness came over my body out of nowhere. I guess it was a way for my body to respond to trauma.
What was life after that? I had a handy muscle pain relaxer from my knee pain that's still full and I use it religiously for the past two days. It is certainly effective in numbing it down but the residual pain was still there but you just had to soldier on. I did thought of going to the clinic to check up on it for the first day but when it's actually getting better the next day, I believe I made the right decision. Oh, now I can actually felt what my mother felt for the past three weeks when she had that wound on her left leg. I deduced her feeling strain on her right leg because she's been favouring it, putting more pressure on it more than usual to ensure no unneeded strain on the injured leg. I suffered in the way albeit on the opposite leg, as my left knee and calves are straining harder than before. Since it's getting better, I did a weight exercise yesterday that went well since I didn't have to use my legs primarily. I shouldn't go straight jogging tomorrow even if it's feeling better just a safety precaution. 

This is indeed a blessing in disguise to remind me to always appreciate what I have before it is truly gone!
-

Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.