Ads Top

on my way riding my bike to the city ...

obligatory journal 002
original source

I was on my way to watch double screenings of the LEGO Batman Movie and John Wick Chapter 2 at the nearest cinemas but unfortunately the nearest one in Kuala Selangor just didn't have both so I had to go the second nearest whether in Petaling Jaya or Setia Alam. On my way however, I saw a man walking on the other side of the road (facing the opposite traffic, which is smart) and as I passed him, I took a second to think about it and decided to turn back and approach him myself (stranger danger is a smart advice wherever you are but I had a good instinct on this one). After a quick chat (it's dangerous to stop at the side of the road no matter where you are), I found he's just an old man walking back to the bus stop and I decided to give him a ride there instead. (full disclosure: I want to clarify that I included his race because I am a Malay myself and I thought he couldn't understand me at first but it turned out he just have a troubled hearing and comprehend my question and able to let me know his destination.)
TL;DR : approach a stranger at the side of the road, gave him a ride to his destination.


After reaching Bukit Rotan (Rattan Hill?), I found out he wanted to wait for bus at the bus stop there and since his house is in Sungai Buloh (Bamboo River), I decided to give him all the way ride home anyway after giving him a proper helmet that I always keep in the givi box at the back of my bike. Safety first!
(Full disclosure: he was dressed rather well with slacks and a long sleeved collared shirt and he actually went all this way to visit the temple in Kuala Selangor that's around 50 kilometers or 31 miles away just because there's too many people in the Sungai Buloh temple. I mentioned two possible places for me to go and watch these movies before and since this happy predicament came my way, I chose the one that would allow me to send him home and thankfully it was just a few minutes away from my usual route, letting me arrived in time to watch both of them right after another. I noticed he probably have arthritis(?) in his legs since he had difficulty to get them up and over my bike and I just can't let him walk back home again if I could help it, and I could and I did. When we're finally there, he pointed to the two bikes in the entrance and they belong to his children and I think that's novel of him to use the public transportation to go anywhere without troubling others. He even has grandchildren already and they're already at school! Anyway, that was it and we went each other's way. Until next time, 'encik'! That was sir in Malay ... I am always polite to anyone else, especially senior citizens. No reasons not to be, right? I also didn't ask for his name and I didn't tell his mine. I'll ask him when we stumble upon each other again down the road. Anyway, rambling end here.
TL;DR : picked him back up and after a well placed helmet for safety, bring him back home on my trusty Honda Wave 125. Oh, both movies are awesome by the way!
"Everything is awesome!"

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.