Ads Top

looking through their eyes in a now foreign world ...


stop and stare 007
There isn't much of attractions and places to go around where I live and had to travel quite far to go anywhere but there's one only an hour away: Bukit Melawati in Kuala Selangor. It's a historical site playing a big part as the stronghold of the state's Sultanate (the ruling king) in the late 18th century and you can learn more here. Honestly, I would only visit the museums there if I went with a significant other or other friends and in this particular instance, I just dropped by before my monthly movie-watching journey to the city and the only things that intrigued me were the scenery on top of the mountain and then there were them:
the macaques.


Are you afraid of any animal? How about these primates particularly? I had been here a couple of times before in a school trip as well as a trip with my friends from my university's reserved soldiers club and the latter did have problems to approach these rather docile creatures. I only bought some vegetables from the nearby vendor to give sheepishly to them from afar as they would crowded you to grab the food for themselves but I gained more courage over time to just approach them and if you didn't appear to be threatening to them and quiet enough, you can really approach one of them and just lightly pat them and feel the soft fur under your fingers. I did it this time and it was awesome!






The remains from the previous more weapon-friendly kingdom here are still there and represented in the pictures by the head of the cannons above, effective weaponry during the coming of Portuguese, British and lastly Japanese opposition. How time have passed on the land that I stood that day that now we try to coexist with another species in the same place where we used to defend it from foreign threats. Granted we took this land from its previous tenants but now we should at least put it to good use and preserving the structures as well as the chimps for the betterment of the country even as a historical site and a tourist attraction is better than nothing at all. Oh, the succession of photos above with him on my back happened just like that as I hold the carrot(?) way above my head and he just climbed effortlessly up my body and I took the opportunity to grab a rare selfie with a newfound friend that would leave as soon as he finished his food.
That is all. Thank you for your time. :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.