Ads Top

For your hoops

- dibs - puncture - consistent
Tips, see Thursday 032 & misc list 256
Since I touched upon it before...
I haven't gone out to play in days now but I still remember the common etiquette when playing basketball in a public court...:

#084: who call first?
These unwritten rules may not be official but it is to be understood and followed by all, or at least in my neighbourhood at least. Caution: result may vary depend on the neighbourhood and the surrounding youth. All right, first of all I want to stress on the concept of dibs. It is always about who gets to the court first... and whether or not that person is someone you can play ball with, figuratively and literally. There are those who you can shoot the ball in turns with... and those who you can't. If it's the latter, you just have to accept it and maybe wait him out.

#085: is it ideal?
Oh, you should always make sure your basketball is always adequately filled with air. I meant it when I say 'adequate', which means not too full and not too deflated. If you are an avid player, you should know by just the first bounce of the ball whether or not it is pumped appropriately or not. Sure the basketball itself would vary from one brand to another but they always have that ideal amount that's just right. I know that professionally they use balls with less air during practice round and the opposite for the official match because you would work harder to use the former hence improving their skills in the process.

#086: practice means perfect
Didn't intend for this entry to be this long but here we are, and I'm just glad I'm able to write something down, considering how last month went. Last but not least, I just want to emphasize how important practice is! No matter how far along your skills are or you are just starting learning, you should always practice. I say this based on my appearance because I only just started playing basketball only a few months ago after years of absence so to speak and if I didn't shoot some practice hoops first before playing more active with the others, I percentage will be far worst comparatively. So don't be cocky and always practice!
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.