Ads Top

chameleon, idol, nanny, coping, surfing, charity, friendship, makeover ...

Movies of December 2018's Comprehensive List & Previews
I've been wanting to do this but just took longer than I expected and almost half have come out already. It doesn't defeat the purpose of this list anyway so here are some of the movies coming out this month that you should be looking forward to. My personal one is Mary Poppins Returns. What is yours?
Mortal Engines (December 13th) [6.7-IMDb]
I watched it & it's quite a solid adaptation. The actions are worth the price.
-
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse [8.7-IMDb]
Arguably the best Spider-Man movie to date, perfect tribute to the web-slinging franchise. Do you agree?
-
Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle (December 07th)
Andy Serkis' second full directorial outing following in the footsteps of Jon Favreau's 2016 take.
-
Aquaman [December 07th]
James Wan done it again for me! Finally having fun and embrace the insanity of the world, this is such a fun exhilarating ride for me as we see Arthur Curry going on a journey to become the King of the Seven Seas. Far from perfect but I enjoy every second of it. Do you?
-
Bumblebee [December 21st]
This is the best Transformers film to date for me! Travis Knight made a successful live action transition! Using his background in crafting family films for LAIKA to his advantage, he is able to create a heartwarming relationship between an alien and a human while faithfully adapt and bring to life the beloved franchise. Oh, congrats to Hailee Steinfeld for being in two hit December movies at the same time. She really shines as the lead! Barely Lethal shows me her potential while Begin Again solidify herself as a proven young talent for me.
-
Roma [December 14th]
After Children of Men and Gravity, I am always on board to watch this auteur at work and now with his most personal work to date, I am just ready to get swept in the moment and along for the ride of Alfonso Cuarón's making.
-
Marry Poppins Returns [December 19th]
The one movie left for me to watch this year! I can't wait to see this sequel myself as we see the nanny returns after decades away.
-
They Shall Not Grow Old [December 17th]
'Using state-of-the-art technology and materials from the BBC and Imperial War Museum, filmmaker Peter Jackson allows the story of World War I to be told by the men who were there. Life on the front is explored through the voices of the soldiers, who discuss their feelings about the conflict, the food they ate, the friends they made and their dreams of the future.' Thank you, Peter Jackson, sir.
-
Welcome to Marwen [December 21st]
'A victim of a brutal attack finds a unique and beautiful therapeutic outlet to help him through his recovery process.' This is such a unique biopic that I know the use of the CGI animations here will be the splitting variable here. I'm really all for it!
-
Vice [December 25th]
The chameleon Christian Bale does it again by being this year's Gary Oldman's Winston Churchill as Dick Cheney himself. Looking uncanny just like the real life counterpart, having Sam Rockwell as George W. Bush to play off against will make this another successful outing for Adam McKay after the 2015's the Big Short. "I'm the man!"
-
Destroyer [December 25th]
Karyn Kusama following up the Invitation with a transformative role for Kidman. Wow!
-
x
> please visit the imgur gallery for the full list <

~Fin~

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.