Ads Top

Only

Writing Prompts 004 Placement is Key
I know tumblr has been a scornful source for a lot of people but sometimes there are gems like this. For me, I love the English language that I use it exponentially more than my mother tongue and if there's a way to use it as a play of words to my liking, I'm up for it! Below is my own version of this writing exercise and you should  join me  as share the results!
-
It was a bitter goodbye for the two best friends to part from one another as one was forced to stay while the other was forced to leave. Nothing much was said between them except for a couple of empty conversations to fill the deafening silence and the impending void but one thing was for certain: only she told him that she loved him as he was taken away, acting as a poignant moment in this next chapter of their relationship.
...
She only told him the she loved him because she couldn't keep it as a secret anymore and with the impending distance between them soon to be that much larger, a confession appeared to be the best option at the time but now looking back, she wasn't sure whether or not that was the best decision she could have made or not.
...
She told only him that she loved him among her many children and that was why he needs to be in a better place and a better environment to thrive in and do better than what she could muster here over the years.
...
During the inescapable journey to nowhere, he knew that she was not a person that wears her feelings on the surface and it must took a lot of efforts on her part when she told him only that she loved him and nothing more.
...
He had heard that elusive word twice already in successive in the span of just minutes but when she told him that only she loved him was the real motivation behind this forced departure that separated him from his best friend that could have been so much more, the only thing that he could do now was crying over spilled milk.
...
She told him that she only loved him, but why? Was it really what she felt inside or was it a spur of the moment?
...
She said it. She told him that she loved only him. He could only remained silence.
...
She told him that she loved him only, but was it a mistake or a blessing in disguise?
~
- The End -

Thank you for going on this mini-journey with me and letting me indulged in my other hobby besides drawing. I find it hard to write something that have heft behind them instead of just meaningless rambles. Just like the muscles in y hands, I need to keep on engaging them to warm them up and maybe get better in the future, Insya-Allah for both of them. Thank you for your time and please do come back for more. Assalamualaikum and good bye!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.