Ads Top

I couldn't even recognize it anymore...

obligatory journal 372
Dear Diary #060 | July 12th, 2022

I visited my kampung for Aidil Adha last Sunday...

I sincerely thought that it hasn't really been that long since my last visit, but actually it was... Really long.

It was lived in by my uncle's family for years now after being left abandoned for years when my grandparents passed away, building a modern house around the old wooden structure.

The last time I was there was for a wedding... in 2017.

Five years.

It has been that long?!

When I couldn't recognize the house at first from the front, I had to do a couple of wandering around on the street, looking for something I could remember from the past.

There was a 'new' green gate so that threw me off a bit but then I could a sign with my father's name on it so that's when I knew I was in the right place.

It was then revealed to me that I was last there quite a lot longer than I was thought at first.

My uncle himself looked quite different than the last time, quite leaner than I remembered him to be.

The daughter that I used play with is all grown up now, certainly awkward enough not to be as friendly as I had before.

 Time flies.

Yeah, having a couples of years in lockdown certainly helped in that area as well...

--

Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.