Ads Top

Worth the effort.

obligatory journal 215
Dear Diary #002 | February 17th, 2021

It was a day, as it always is.

Woke up early and thought about doing something with the cements at the back that I was told to move out months ago... and I did, at least until it broke off in my hands, spilling itself all over my bike and the floor. I sincerely thought it would hold its shape considering how long they have been out there...

Was famished the whole day, not being able to eat the now stale leftover food from the night market the day before. Thankfully I got a lot snacks that would keep me satiated enough to go through the day.

It had been awhile since we had bone soup.
Since I'm the sole cook for this household, I decide to do rotation for the dish of the day, rotating from rice to noodles and back to rice, alternating from the variety of the dishes the rice is paired with to the variation of noodles, i.e. Vermicelli, kue tiaw, yellow mee, etc.

With that being said, let's return to the aforementioned soup.
Usually I save it for the weekend, but I decided to save it for as long as I could this time around, lasting for over a week now.
I had been using a lot of pre-made pastes before for the dishes but now I had to prepare the ingredient myself since I don't think it would taste the same as before. All these items add up, ending up costing quite a lot for just one dish, but since it could last days for us two, so it's okay to spend like this once in awhile.

Returning to my previously usual routine of cutting up the ingredients, I put on a couple episodes of the Last Dance and by the end of two episodes, I was finally done. The effort was worth it by the end, based on how it tasted later that night.

Oh, I played some hoops after all those cutting, so I sweated it out just like how I used to.

I didn't mention it yesterday, I was having quite the headache during that episode with the hoop... maybe it was the sudden exposure of direct sunlight. I had to take a couple of Panadols since it kept coming back.

It did came back tonight as well, as I woke up super early at three o'clock in the morning.

I guess I'll fall asleep in the morning then...

-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.