Ads Top

Well Intended, but missed the details.

obligatory journal 212
Dear Diary #001 | February 16th, 2021

I figure, why not.
It's one way to actually keep the blog updated at least a post daily.

Woke up a bit later than usual but made up for it by finally back being active in the morning.
A good basketball exercise despite the wet court. A light drizzle equals to small enough puddles to play on.

Then I decided to do something about the broken hoop.
Took too long to screw it off the board, running into problems with improper tool and the screws turning with my wrench instead of staying put for me to screw the nut off. Solution? Screw the nut back in as tight as I could and try to screw it back out again, figuring that moving the nut off its original position would let me move it out as well. Result? It actually worked!

I brought it to the nearest metal shop that I had acquainted with before to fix the other hoop on the other side of the court. It's cheaper to weld it at the shop rather than having them came out to the court itself to weld on stairs. I was so happy it was done so quickly, but after I took the time to replace the net as well, I was brought down to earth when my playing partner brought to my attention that I didn't ask the welder to actually knock the hoop back into the correct degree instead of its now crooked position. It was like that because of an overzealous person tried to hang from it, which caused the welds to break off in the first place. We tried to knock it back by brute force alone, but without a proper tool, it wouldn't budge as much as we wanted to.

It's screwed back on the board, but I'll be back with a hammer!

It had been a crazy four days... now I'm trying to post up everything I had been working on to try to catch up again.

-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.