Ads Top

~ I rather stay inside than being out tonight ... ~

Song of the Day 001
Coffee
Yuna
[Decorate, March 11, 2011 (US)]

Artist Attractive Traits =
unique tone and smooth vocal with laidback approach on pop and ballad genres and a mixture of both


My life has been surrounded by podcasts every day and every minute, interspersed with Youtube videos and yes, songs. My taste in music hasn't change from the first time I begin to collect and store locals as well as English songs that are mostly from America. I want to share some of my favourites with others who have the same interest in this art as I do, maybe even prefer the same genre or if not get introduced to a new one by me. Since art is subjective, I completely understand if you do not like the same subgenres since everyone's tastes do not mirror each other. For this particular artist, I am proud of my comrade finding success ashore with her own distinct colour.
I am not a professional critic in any stretch of imagination but I just want to share my love for the art and give my thoughts for anyone willing to listen

Chance of Mainstream Success =
around 70% with the broadest demography possible although her unique voice and style could be too different than more mainstream artists with similar and monotonous packages.

"Coffee"

I’d rather stay inside than being out tonight
Just sipping coffee and nothing to look forward to
Savoring my solitude
And no one will ever know you the way I do

In high definition I’m dreaming of you
With my disposition I’m losing my cool
With my everything I’d give anything to be with you

And I will try my best to let it subside
I’m letting go without taking any part of
Something what my heart truly wants
And no one will ever see you the way my eyes do

In high definition I’m dreaming of you
With my disposition I’m losing my cool
With my everything I’d give anything to be with you

In high definition I’m dreaming of you
With my disposition I’m losing my cool
With my everything I’d give anything to be with you.


-

a case for the excellence in simplicity and masterful control of her natural instrument:
+ Highlights +
100% Yuna's song, filled with her own distinct trademark style that showcases her masterful control of her own voice and using it as an effective instrument alongside the piano, with the final section a fitting crescendo after the intimate feeling of her whisper-singing.
? Main contention ?
sometimes there is a great approach (such as in this song) that I wish she uses more frequently in her other works.
- Lowlights -
if her particular style do not strike your fancy, her other works wouldn't be as well asides from a few conventional pop songs.
{ Underlying themes and/or on the surface }
the simple lyrics actually tell a full albeit short narrative that highlight the need for just being alone (or voluntary solitary confinement, which I can definitely relate as an introvert) caused by an unfulfilled love (which I can also unfortunately relate as well) and how much you've known that special someone, even more so than you know yourself.
--

official - wiki -

- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.