Ads Top

Retrospective journey through your body

Writing Prompts 007 Take a Look at Yourself

How many times have you look at yourself?

Have you look in the mirror recently? If you’re not as self absorb, have you look directly at your own body lately?

Whether or not you are doing it subconsciously or with purpose, you will notice the differences between your own and others beside the usual normal human body. If there is any abnormality to the basic four limbs and head, that is exactly what I want to focus on today.

I might not be as eloquent as I want myself to be, but I hope I get the message across. I want you to give yourself a closer look, looking at your own physical features and list down anything that you could in two categories: hereditary and work.
Let me give you a proper example:-

[Caution: I am willing to be open as I reveal my own personal traits that could be something that I am proud of (+) or I am ashamed of. Even if you’re not willing to openly do this exercise with me, I urge you to do just the same but keep it to yourself as I assure the follow up post would be worth the pain … or at least I hope so.]


Hereditary:

- popping joints i.e. left knee and both ankles in the morning

- thinning and receding hairline [from my father’s side as all four brothers of mine suffer the same fate]

+ sharp nose [from my father’s side as well]

- pointy ears and unsymmetrical eyes [origin still unknown]

- rather defined nipples (or more crudely nippy nips) and sensitive to weather or the temperature

Work:

+ pretty lean and thin body that is fit and muscular [active since middle school]

- a round belly with a fat line across it [still couldn’t tone it down … I can feel the muscles under there!]

+ great posture [fixed during army cadet and the following reserved army work]

- scars all over the body from road accidents and other incidents i.e. insects and zits

- sensitive eyes especially the right one if it’s windy or cold

- weakened left knee [from the daily jogs]


-hairy body everywhere [uneducated early use of razors]

...

I am pretty sure there are more if I look for them longer and deeper, but that is it for now.

Now, why am I listing these? You need to tune in for the follow up!

For now, I implore you to look inwards or rather just above the skin to see how much what you appeared to be now is what you gained from your parents or how much is self-inflicted.

You might think it is shallow to look skin deep instead of judging a person by their actions, but at the end of the day, it is enlightening to know why you are you right now.
So, don’t be afraid and list away!

~

- To be Continued ... -

Thank you for going on this mini-journey with me and letting me indulged in my other hobby besides drawing. I find it hard to write something that have heft behind them instead of just meaningless rambles. Just like the muscles in your hands, I need to keep on engaging them to warm them up and maybe get better in the future, Insya-Allah for both of them. Thank you for your time and please do come back for more. Assalamualaikum and good bye!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.