Ads Top

For your jogging endeavours. | Tips, see Thursday

- again - listen - race
Tips, see Thursday 034 & misc list 258
It's been awhile...
I wanted to start this back up again since I have been jogging every day for over a couple of months now...:

#090: repeat into habit
It is always hard to start it, especially if it's something new and not in rhythm with your usual daily habit. There is no other way to do this other than just do it. You just need to wake up early if you wanted to jog early in the morning and take that first step, no matter if you just walk for that first time around. I know it is hard to wake up for that first time but when your body gets used to it, your body will wake up naturally according to your body clock. Try it! 

#091: auditory companion
I have been listening to music and podcasts all the time now so it's not hard at all for me to block out everything else and just focus on the jogging. Well, sometimes you just don't want to focus on it too much that you will overthink it and mess up the rhythm and pace of your own jogging. So sometimes I use the songs that I listen to as the main focus of my thought, just singing along to the songs and pay attention to the lyrics... and then I don't pay attention as much to the strains on my legs, on my knees and my thighs. They will help you pass the time.

#092: a race, not a sprint
You should not start with a sprint but rather just a walk. When your body has warmed up a little, you can start to pick up the pace little by little that is comfortable with you. Yes, you might feel some pressure on your joints and muscles but that's normal since you are exercising. These feelings will not be going away but instead you will get used to it. Just do not over-exert yourself so much that you will increase the likelihood of getting injured yourself. You can increase your pace slowly but surely over a period of time whether in weeks or months. Time will tell.
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.