Ads Top

An alternative in name only. | Food Review

Foodie Friday 022
Nabati Cookies w Richeese
nabati ]
Availability: local / regional
20231027

It's been awhile... and I have been trying a lot of new products and of course familiar ones as well so let's hope this would more of a regular occurence!

Sweet tooth would really apply to my own personal food preference, but I would not mind having cookies and sweets sometimes as snacks every now and then. Oreo has been the measuring stick since forever but I want to give other products in the same sub-category a chance at least in my eyes. I would never gave them a second look before but I want to broaden my palette, so to speak, in regards of cookie products here locally. I just looked up that this is imported from Indonesia so at least I can genuinely say that I am trying food from overseas, technically. 
Speaking of which, the product itself is decent enough in and of itself. The outer cookies are solid in their make and holding of their shape but comparatively to the aforementioned king in Oreo, these are a bit more brittler. I am not  familiar with cheese product in snacks and I believe this was my first ones to eat actually, at least in the most recent memories that I can recall. I guess I can taste the cheese element more here compared to the usual fillings but it's not long until the artificiality of the taste would come through after only a couple of them. This is always the case with these factory-made products, even with Oreo, but unfortunately these have lower 'natural' flavourings so to speak. If you could see the allotment of the filling, it's sad to say that the ratio between the filling and the biscuits have been consistently like that throughout all of them in this package. It is just a tad less compared to Oreo, so it's a good effort but certainly falls short in execution. There's nothing that stands out about it actually and I guess it will just blends into the background and then dissolves into obscurity. That's a bit harsh but for me, my choice of biscuit is precious to me since I will have them once in a blue moon. 

-

a case for the trip to Reqeu:
+ Positives +
Good biscuits with good fillings as well.
? Main contention ?
Nothing much to write home about...
- Negatives -
Inferior in all the ways compared to the measuring stick in Oreo
! Warning !
... Might be too artificial? Just eat moderately in one sitting, or accompany it with a beverage as well.
j preferred way of eating f
Usually I just opened it up and eat almost half of the row of biscuits right away.
* sense of touch & taste *
the crunchiness of the biscuits and the mild cheese flavour.
 <+> 
...
RM
RM 3.20.
? Value ?
+ biscuit crunch + mild cheese - artificial flavouring = +65%!
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.