Ads Top

... and get off the bed...

 CYOA 001a [pen-to-paper] <idea> the Branch [imgur]

Table of Contents:
001a - You are here.

Disclaimer: This particular branch starts from the 'a' stalk from the 001 root. So hopefully that clear things up.

So... I leave it all to you! How do you see the story progresses? To those who see this post anyway, and those actually interested enough to post a continuation to the story, please post your suggestion in the prepared space below.

If you're out and about though, please wear a mask and have physical distancing (you can still be social) while we're still in this epidemic all over the world. Please be responsible and care for each other!


~ SO001a1

Let's take it slow, okay...

* Click *

I better turn away for a second first to let my eyes readjust naturally to the light. Turning towards the source slowly with my eyelids still close, I still wince out of habit but the intensity is just right to not cause more than just a discomfort. Good, not too bright, apparently the right choice comparatively. I want to keep my eyes close and lie on this bed a little longer to somehow alleviate the back pain but I sit right up instead because when my body has enough rest, it is nearly impossible to fall right back to sleep. Wait, I need to look back at that letter. It's in my wallet, right? Is it still in my back pocket? Let me check... nope. Where did I put it yesterday? Ah, it was too hazy, I can't remember any of it. Maybe it's somewhere in the pockets of the overcoat that's on the hanger right beside the nightstand, or maybe it's in the nightstand itself, in its small drawer with the little shiny knob. Gosh, I'm not a cat. Why am I distracted by it?

Anyway... which one?

Does it matter?

We'll see... I need to decide now.
 
~



~ SO001a2

Well, why not go all the way, right?

Let me roll off this bad first.

* Thump *

Ouch, my pinky toe! Too fast for my morning reflexes... Well, here goes nothing.

~~~ Shhupp! ~~~

AHHH! MY EYES! AHH!

It's too much and too soon for my morning disposition to take it all in all at the same time, making me drop my body right to the ground to trying my darnedest to avoid the death ray. All these commotion I am making is certainly loud enough for the other tenants to take notice, and someone does. After cowering long enough right under the window blinds for my eyes to adjust to the morning light, I slowly creep up from the ground just enough for my vision to clear the room to see the outside world. What I can see out of my still squinting eyes is one lone pine tree peering up from the ground right at the left side of the window frame, juxtaposing With one window frame of the room at the opposite side of the manor. It's too dark to see from the outside in with the blinds still down, but I can see a gloved hand holding up one side of the drapes for the owner of the hand to peek through to see the source of the earlier hubbub. While I can't tell who is that person exactly, I can still see the silhouette, the glare of the sun reflecting off his or her spectacles and I can sense the eyes behind it are examining and judging me while remain motionless. Feeling our eyes meet and feeling the awkwardness rising, I feel the urge to acknowledge it by rising my right hand slowly but as soon as my hand is up, I am left hanging with the person on the other end closing the curtain right away.

Ah, here I thought we were making a humane connection. I don't think I've seen that person before since I arrived last night a bit late because of the choppy waters. And the darn waves came out of nowhere, almost throwing me off the boat! Anyway... I shouldn't be bumbling around anymore, I am here for an important job. I am paid handsomely, I should do my part. I should wash up first before breakfast. There I could lay low as just another patron of the manor, further solidifying my cover after paying for the room last night. I did pay... I think. Wait, should I just wash my face or have a quick shower instead? I could be down there faster and able to mingle with the rest longer but if I didn't keep up my hygiene, I don't want to smell like yesterday. It might bothers those that are immediate to me. 

*~~~ Kreuk ~~~*

There we go, my stomach is voicing its concern already, I need to decide now.

~


I really struggled with this second chapters... writer's block is no joke, especially if you had to come up with four different narratives! I'm not sure how the conventional CYOA books are narrated and whether or not one decision would circle back to an earlier decision, but suffice to say that this would certainly not be that. I'm going all over the place but if you're in for the journey, you will be rewarded... at least that's what I'm hoping for. The process would not get any easier for sure! See you in the next chapter!


~
Thank you for your time and please do come back for more. Assalamualaikum and good bye! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.