Ads Top

You wake up...

 CYOA 001 [pen-to-paper] <idea> the Start [imgur]

Hmm...

Okay... let's do this. Let's do this right.

Huh...

Deep breath, just as instructed. Does it help? Maybe yes, maybe not. Would another go help? Heck, who am I kidding... I'm just humouring myself here. It doesn't matter. It's not the choice that matters right now. It's okay to be questioning myself over these mundane tasks but I should remind myself every now and then that whatever that is related to the case, I should take my time and mull it over carefully because it does matter. I don't think I'm as sharp as I used to be but I think I can still put my gray matter to good use. 

With that being said, where am I again? I'm still sleeping, right? 

It's a bit hazy though... was I in the dark? Was I in the light? 

Hmm... which one?

\ w v W v V v W v w /


> SO001a <

Oh, oh yeah, I was in the dark. Coming to and opening my eyes, I can see the barely visible room that I am just barely acquainted with. I did remember to turn off the light just before I crushed on the bed yesterday. As soon as my head hit the pillow, it was lights out, figuratively and literally. It was a really exhausting day. I can feel it in my bones, but I can't for the life of me recall what had drained my energy to that extent. Well, at least I'm well rested because I do not feel sleepy at all after blinking myself up.

Ugh, my back. I thought the bed was snazzy enough to provide me the extra comfort that my bad back sorely needed. I guess that extra moolah that I paid for this exclusive suite didn't provide the result I intended. It's been months now being on the road but I guess the search for the perfect pillow and bed combo rages on. I 
should count my lucky star though because being called in for such a high profile case certainly bring its own benefits. It comes with the territory. Speaking of which, the immediate surroundings that come into view is something I've never seen before. Well, that's because this is the first time I've been here and it's still pitch black in here since I haven't turn on the light obviously! I leave the drapes down as it is because I don't even want to bother with it, and they appears to block out the sun quite effectively apparently. There is a table lamp at the bedside and I could just about reach its switch if I extended my right hand.

Do I want to slowly readjust my eyes to the light by using the dim light from the lamp or do I want to assault all of my senses with the morning ray? A gradual introduction or a straight shock therapy? I couldn't pick both of them so I have to choose only one.

Hmm... decision, decision.

v . v . /\ . I . v . v



> SO001b <

Oh, oh yeah, I was in the light, or rather under the bright light of the overhead lamp. I find myself actually laying prone on the bed with the pillow still on top of my head. Not only the light feels like an assault to my still recovering sight, all the eye-blinking I could muster couldn't push away the fact that I didn't get enough sleep. I forgot that my body wouldn't get a well rested sleep if it's too bright in the room. I couldn't help myself yesterday because I was really exhausted by the end of the day, and couldn't think of anything else after entering the room that it was lights out as soon as my head hit the pillow. What happened yesterday, anyway? I couldn't think normally because the abruption to my deep sleep and in turns my body clock without fail would give me a throbbing headache.

Ugh, my chest. That's what happen when you don't change your prone position at all. It was rather comfortable when I laid there for the first few minutes but it's definitely not conducive for an overnight resting stance, so to speak. Oh, the sacrifice I make for this rather lucrative case, but considering how high profile the clients are and how much I'm paid upfront, this is the mildest of discomfort. As I'm rubbing the sore muscles in the middle, all I can see is the headboard since I'm still in the same position, still too sleepy and admittedly lazy to do anything about it. My 
head tells me to get back to bed to get rid of this pulsating headache that is gradually increase but... as I turn upward, I can see the door right there at my feet. A quick couple of steps I could reach the handle, out the door to go downstairs and out the house to breathe in that fresh dawn dew-filled air. Being in the middle of 
the sea though, I think the fresh sea breeze would be more fitting here, but I think the effect would be similar, a calming distraction that is sorely needed right now.

Do I want to try to get back to sleep or do I want to go out to get some fresh air? This headache needs to be addressed as soon as possible whether with return to the dream state or alternatively a natural breathing therapy. I couldn't pick both of them, only just one.

Hmm... decision, decision.

v . v . I . /\ . v . v



There we go!

I really don't know how to do this and where to go so I revert to the most basic narrative I could muster. Further details of the story will be revealed in future chapters and I really don't mind if you want to read through all the possible branches because it really took a long time to write. Considering all the variables from one branch to another, I would appreciate if you read all my works and provide constructive feedback because I would need it moving forward. With all the possible ways I could go with the story, just get ready for the avalanche of possibilities! I really hope for this to reach the broadest of audiences to gain as much feedback as you guys could give me! 

Once again I want to thank ProfessorVanDiggenSagg for the initial broad narrative! I hope this is something to your liking...

Table of Contents:

Disclaimer:
So... I leave it all to you! How do you see the story progresses? To those who see this post anyway, and those actually interested enough to post a continuation to the story, please post your suggestion in the prepared space below.

If you're out and about though, please wear a mask and have physical distancing (you can still be social) while we're still in this epidemic all over the world. Please be responsible and care for each other!

P.S. Oh, if you want to be notified of the upcoming chapters when they come out, please leave a 'doot' or a '.' below in the comments section.

P.P.S. I have a more visual narrative going involving a Chonk Launcher, so if you're interested, you can go here.


~
Thank you for your time and please do come back for more. Assalamualaikum and good bye! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.