Ads Top

"There’s f**kery afoot."

the Gentlemen
Mini Non-Spoiler Review
[February 16th, 2020]
[R | 1h 53min | Action, Crime | January 24th, 2019]


Okay... let's go!

Whether or not I have the same critical eyes as other film critics, the apparent overall consensus that Guy Ritchie is in a downward trajectory ever since Snatch (have I watch it before?) is not something that I would agree upon since I really enjoy his recent works in the Man from UNCLE, Aladdin (yes, that one from last year) and even King Arthur (fight me!). The former is a sleek spy thriller, the middle is an adept live action adaptation while the latter is an unconventional period piece. He is an auteur with his own distinct style and flair that you can instantly recognize if you're familiar with his previous outings and while these applications varied in their effectiveness (a toned down approach for Disney was proven to be a success while King Arthur clashed too much for some), you will get your money's worth for a unique movie-watching experience. His latest effort certainly fit the bill for me!

While I'm not familiar with his works on British gangsters and action crime flicks that he used to pave the way for his burgeoning career, I heard nothing but good things so really looking forward to see him coming back to the genre that served him really well before. I didn't know the mechanic of story within a story is something that 

.

Watch it for the humour and the surprising heart. With Joker following later this year, we are in for a change of tone for sure!
-  IMDb 7.7 RT (91%)  - wiki - wikia -
~

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.