Ads Top

"... I wasn’t the only dame in Gotham looking for emancipation."

"But it turns out, ..."

Notification: I am using it as placeholder again. I want to sleep but I also want to play some games since it's been two days since my last one.

Birds of Prey
and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn
Mini Non-Spoiler Review
[November 06th, 2019]
[R | 1hr 49min | Action, Adventure, Crime | February 07th, 2020]
Yeah, the villains department would be beneficial with more character development but I think what we have on the surface level is sufficient because both of them already made the roles their own despite the limited screen time, which is understandable considering the titular characters need all the time they could get.
Speaking of which, the Birds specifically have their own distinct personalities and all of them shine bright alongside Harley Quinn, of course the undisputed star of the flick. I have to say that I was not ready at all for all the wonderful action sequences, especially the surprisingly hard-hitting and satisfying (if I may be so bold) hand to hand and close quarter combat. Margot kicks serious ass in this and the rest of the Birds certainly did not fall far behind.
Get ready for the unique tone though, a blend of Deadpool fourth-wall breaking and Suicide Squad. I know, I know, the latter actually have positive influences for this spin-off, from the entertaining character introductions, music videos (they all made sense in the film, I assure you) and finally the natural interactions between the Birds. Please be cautioned that this is just the setting up the group but what they have set in motion makes me craves for more for sure..

.

.

.

-  IMDb 6.6 RT (91%)  - wiki - wikia -
~

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.