Ads Top

They did the best they can. | Journal

obligatory journal 504
Dear Diary #121 | January 19th, 2024

Just started cat-sitting my brother's cats from yesterday's evening while he and his wife goes on an early CNY vacation to Thailand. They're going to the same locations that I had been to with my mother before in... 2009, I think? They're going for a full week instead of five the first time I did this last year.

I didn't have a full job, so I don't mind doing this favour for him. Aside from spending my time surrounded by cats just like I did at home, I am getting paid to do so! My side job of being a tuition teacher to my neighbours would have to be on hold for a week, although I did leave them homeworks to do for every day I am not there to teach them.

Oh, it's already a memorable first night since I had to bury a kitten that was on the deathbed when they left. I don't remember the name of the disease but it's already too far gone for this poor soul. There were two who got it, and unfortunately only one of them survive.

It did tug at my heartstrings when the one who recovered went to the one dying and stayed by its side... licking its fur and slept close as if to provide warmth, just like before... but now for the last time.

Should I include the picture...? 
  
- - -
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.