Ads Top

Swoosh!

obligatory journal 333
Dear Diary #048 | December 03rd, 2021

I think... I'm actually in with the boys at the Bagan basketball court right now.

Well, not in in, but in in my own way.

They are all Chinese except me, so I don't really understand when they are talking to each other or banter on the court itself. I don't really speak, like at all, just being a quiet Malay boy that wants to enjoy a round of basketball with others who enjoy it as much as I do. That works pretty well so far, so no need to change it.

I do scream out in frustration when I miss me threes, so there's that.

Just like the one closer to my house, I try to be the handyman for this court as well.

The most important thing to tend to is of course the net. From first buying it to finally attach it to the metal hoop safely and securely, I've been efficiently doing it for literal years now that I could put up the stairs and apply net in just under half an hour.

Trying to mop up the bird poops (because of the open concept of the roof and the convenient metal frames that they could rest on and poop from) works for the more recent but not those who had turn... brown? Might need a better and stronger cleaner...

Since there are a lot of plastic chairs at home that's reserved for when we would have an opening house or something, I brought half a dozen of them to the side court for them to be used instead of just gathering dust here.

Now I would play with them right after Maghrib at night and there would almost always be people there to play with.

Playing half is great for a fast turnaround but playing full court is a different pleasure altogether. Only once or twice a week but that makes me look forward to it even more. Sure I'm not a runner or a driver but when I play my role as the shooter... love it!

--

Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.